Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-Player Spelunky! Alpha v0.03, yep we got an update.  (Read 101459 times)
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2010, 02:47:43 PM »

Here be the source code:
Mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?twizem4dtgy
Config: http://www.mediafire.com/?gx2xfrp987z9yse

So upon a quick trip to the gang garrison forums, they seem to do lots of modding over there, which means that the source is open. I just wonder where it is?

EDIT: Can't find it, but whatever. Since it's open-source, I can decompile it without repercussions.

EDIT AGAIN!: Muahaha, with this new data, I can get back on track with multiplayer, and move on to online functionality as well...
On second thought, maybe I should ask the creator of GG if it's okay to use his multiplayer code.

ONE MORE TIME!: Wow, the source comes with the download. I spent all that time looking around for nothing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:35:18 PM by Kegluneq » Logged

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

thank you so much. Cheesy

could I ask for the multiConfig source too?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:29:17 PM by zetsu » Logged
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:31 PM »

Up thar be the source code.

zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »

thank you. Smiley

i took a look at the code to check for a button being pushed and your code puts my code to shame.
zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2010, 03:48:16 PM »

EDIT AGAIN!: Muahaha, with this new data, I can get back on track with multiplayer, and move on to online functionality as well...

does this mean that you're gonna start working on it again?
and if so could i help with it if you have something that I could do?
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

Maybe. I say that but I often find ways to end up putting it off again.

Right now, since this is officially a community mod, I'm going to do research in revision software. This way, it'd be much easier for us all to keep track of the changes everyone else makes and stay up to date.

zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2010, 06:50:21 PM »

Maybe. I say that but I often find ways to end up putting it off again.

but you're much better at coding in GM than me and you'll understand and know the changes you made

Right now, since this is officially a community mod, I'm going to do research in revision software. This way, it'd be much easier for us all to keep track of the changes everyone else makes and stay up to date.

how does that work if it's only the gmk file?
I could make and manage a thread dedicated to keeping track of revisions if that meant that you or someone else that knows GM would code it.

If I tried to code it I would have to try to brute force it.

EDIT: If you really need me to I'll try my best to code but it will probably be inefficient. If you needed me to code something more math based though I could probably do it. I have some experience in Java, but I haven't worked with any real graphic oriented things

edit2: I could also put the main ideas and objectives into that thread post so that everything is together.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:39:24 PM by zetsu » Logged
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2010, 12:03:21 AM »

how does that work if it's only the gmk file?
Good point.
I just find it a hassle to have to go check the web for the latest version, but I guess setting up revision clients for just one or two files is equally hassle-y.

There's no need to make a new thread. We'll just keep it all here.

EDIT: Just went back and re-read the whole thread, seeing all the progress I had made before got me psyched to get working again! It's a good thing I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 or else I'd be really distracted.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:58:20 AM by Kegluneq » Logged

zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »

There's no need to make a new thread. We'll just keep it all here.

as in keep the thread the way it is? I was suggesting making a new thread because the information is scattered throughout the thread, and it would be nice to have it all in one place.

or you could edit the first post to have all of the vital information?
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »

I was gonna do that yea.

zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »

Okay. Tell me if I can be of use.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #326 on: December 09, 2010, 04:18:22 AM »

Alright.

Disclaimer: Due to finals, this week is definitely a no go. However, college winter breaks last a gloriously long MONTH. Since I don't have a job for the break, I think I'll have plenty of time to work on it.

TO RECAP:
The primary goal of this mod is to allow multiple people to play Spelunky with each other. As of this point, both hotseat and online multiplayer are viable options, but the focus will probably still be on hotseat since that’s what I’ve been working on the most.

Seeing as I can’t be relied on to continuously work on this, I’ve released it to be an open-source community mod. Hopefully, with all of us working together, this pipe-dream can finally become a possibility.
So let’s get down to business shall we?

I’ve got us a place on a nifty site called ietherpad.com, a kind of real-time collaborative word document.
It’s real simple and intuitive, but first let’s lay down some ground rules okay?

1. Keep everything on the document relevant and official. If you want to discuss ideas or what not, that’s what this thread is for.
2. Be sure to report all changes and bugs in their respective sections. This thread should be mainly for ideas and discussion.
3. When you’re done modding around, and like what you have, record your changes in the changelog section, upload your new .gmk file, and provide a link after the changes. This part is very important in order to advance as a team.

Now that that’s out of the way, head on over to http://ietherpad.com/MultiSpelunky to get modding!

zetsu
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 13, 2010, 09:24:21 PM »

It's finals week for me so i'm not going to be as active for a little bit.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »

Development has officially returned. Bugs list got a big update, need to go check if they still exist in this version. Uploading latest version now.

Reminder: the link to the public devlog is at the end of my previous post.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
  Print  

Jump to: