Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Archer Man RETURNS! TWICE!  (Read 6959 times)
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« on: July 14, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »

Hey guys!

I've FINALLY finished it after ALL this time! Archer Man 2 - The Death of Archer Man is here! There are 16 levels in the pack, with two possible endings, hidden objects galore, and tons of new challenges.

Also, I put it up in the new level database, so I'll use that link:

Archer Man 2

Note: My screenshot upload messed up, this requires Tastes Like Spelunky, you do not play as the maiden.

ALSO... I decided to go back to my original Archer Man and soup it up a bit. It's a bit prettier, plus has a new hidden game mode. Enjoy!

Archer Man - Special Edition
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:19:16 PM by Bazly » Logged
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »

both have a lvl named archer man 2. Can't play both.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

And the first level of AM2 (the self titled lvl) starts in a place with no rope/bombs, no way down past lava/totem, and even could you is blocked by and oven without a glove.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

NEVERMIND, don't know what that happened, but it was fixed by re-downloading.

EDIT:
BUT, the throws are sometimes tooooooo short to make an arrow stick to the wall without good luck, unlike with a fully pulled back bow.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:38:47 PM by glennrieck » Logged
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »

Well, seeing as one runs in TLS and the other runs in Spelunky their shouldn't be problems having both, but to be honest I didn't really design them with levels all being stored in the same folder.

As for issues with arrows sticking, if you are referring to AM2, I fully tested every room. Obviously the strategy has to be a bit different than with a fully pulled back bow, but it is more than possible to do without luck being a factor. Not sure if I should give a hint or not at this point though...
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »

Oh also, looking over the level names, none of them match up.

The Archer Man / Archer Man Special Edition set has a level called "!archer man 2" wheras Archer Man 2 has a level called "archer man 2". These shouldn't interfere with each other.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 04:04:02 PM »

they do when i hit extract, but I can fix that, and yes there is a problem since they all go in the same lvl floder, though that can be fixed easily I now realize. It was probably the file from your original release that had no exclamation mark.
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »

I think the very first time I posted it, I did not give any of the files exclamation marks. Afterwards I added them in though, and I know they are in there now. I've checked and double checked and still do not full understand the problem you're having with the file extensions. I even moved the compressed files and extracted them in the same folder, nothing overlapped.
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »

They're quite cool levels. Are you supposed to be able to beat the game with 7 bites left and with only the mattock?
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 01:21:04 AM »

Depending on how you play it that is possible, but that most likely means you did not reach the Mattock Man battle. Keep lookin' around!  Wink
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »

thanks for the tip! Cheesy I just got a 2:20 speedrun of these levels that way.
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10:53 AM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I just pulled off a 1:39 speedrun. I didn't think that would be possible. Here's what I did

1. Leap as far as you can through the pit of water to start. Jump twice more to get out of the pit. Take the arrow, and then climb the second tree. Throw the arrow at the wall and jump off at the same time, so you land on the moai. Climb into the gap.

2. Take the arrow from the alcove to the left and jump from the alcove to the next platform. Perform two very specific jumps to reach the two platforms after that, so you can climb up with only two jumps. Fall slightly right of center through the next vertical tunnel, then go right at the last second, holding up all the way.

3. Go through the lower door.

4. Jump right at the last second to grab the edge. Then hold right + shift. Simple.

5. Run over the tops of the ice blocks, alcove jumping off the last one. Run over the tops of the second set of ice blocks. If you're going left at maximum speed, you will catch the edge. Push the ice block, and do a big jump upwards to catch the vine. Ignore the skeleton, nom the mattock and immediately tunnel to the right until you come across a secret door.

6. This one's tricky. Go up and to the left, trigger and stomp the first skeleton. Trigger the second skeleton, then go to the platform on the right. Perform a jump at just the right angle to bounce off the skeleton to reach the edge.

7. Immediately jump to the left.

8. Tunnel out the block to the left. Take the oven mitt, go down the stairs, take the scepter, and go back up. Don't nom the scepter.

9. Get out of the water and throw the scepter so it lands on the moai. Climb up as normal, then tunnel through the blocks so you can get into the castle. Go into the lower door, and don't forget the scepter.

10. Tunnel down and to the left. Go through the further of the two doors with the scepter.

11. This one's fairly straightforward. Tunnel the block in front of the message and the one below that to obtain the hedjet. Nom this immediately, and exit the level.

12. Repeat step 9, using an arrow instead of tunneling.

13. Tunnel out a way to the right. Bring the scepter to the gold door.

14. Go forward and pick up the shuriken, then immediately throw it upwards to the right to stun the boss. Tunnel through the block in front of you to get to the exit.

15. Take the bow before the boss gets it, then throw it so it not only stuns the boss but takes out one of the alien's barriers. Ignore everything else and run right.

16. Run left as fast as you can.
Bazly
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I just pulled off a 1:39 speedrun. I didn't think that would be possible. Here's what I did(etc...)

Haha holy crap! I highly appreciate your much appreciating my level. If you can somehow get a video of you doing this speed run I will love you even more than I do right now.
Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »

Ok, I might try to take a video of me doing it again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: