Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunkémon (Arcanine and Golem added!)  (Read 123328 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »

So you have no plans to make AI versons that attack the other pokemon for every pokemon? I have no idea why...

*yes, this is a joke*

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »

Some pokemon should be harder to catch than others, like 2 pokeballs to catch a *blank*.
They will be more difficult to catch by being more difficult to fight.  Remember, the Poké Ball will only catch a foe if it strikes what would've been a killing blow.  Other enemies will be like Chansey and Metapod where it's difficult (or impossible) to do more than 1 damage to them at a time.  This is how catching them will be more troublesome.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
MMM103
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »

My goodness, Hali, you have no shortage of awesome mods. Make a yeti mod or something next! Or maybe a mod with new areas to explore... The possibilities are endless!
EDIT: A few suggestions: Making Pokeballs a resource instead of an item, like bites in TLS.
Giving pokemon a use other than score: Like a way of using their attacks, like learning abilities from caught pokemon? Or maybe just deploying them as helpers.
Pokemon Minibosses/Legendaries- Abrok for snake pits, Kyogre for Rushing Water, Articuno for Ice caves, Deoxys for Psychic Presence, etc. etc.
Pokemon Trainers- Somewhat hostile enemies that will throw pokemon at you on sight.
Modified main menu screen and tutorial cave!- Self explanatory.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:11:11 PM by MMM103 » Logged
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »

I'm going to add a door from the title screen that leads to a zoo-like area where you can look at/read about the Pokémon you've caught so far.  It's still a rough idea, though.

You mean a Safari Zone?

Also I dont suppose you'll be replacing the music in this mod will you? (the Fire Red or Heart Gold BGM might do wonders)

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »

ideas
Well, this mod is very far from finished at the moment.  Some of the things you suggested will be happening while others will not.

I thought of making Poké Balls a resource you could collect, but I think I like it better the way it is.  It gives the player incentive to carry one with them, and they can appear on any floor.  This makes catching things a little trickier, because you'll need a ball even if you find something you haven't caught before.  That seems more in the spirit of Spelunky to me.

I'm only adding the first 151 Pokémon, so you won't see anything from the 2nd gen or up.  I already have it all planned out; it's just a matter of making all those little buggers!

I'll update more stuff in due time.  Right now, my primary focus is getting all the new baddies in there.

I dont suppose you'll be replacing the music in this mod will you? (the Fire Red or Heart Gold BGM might do wonders)
I'd like to, though I haven't played either of those versions.  I'll have to browse around for some Pokémon MP3s and pick some that match the caves.

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »

If you want I can find try to find you some .rars of both FR and HG's music and PM you with a link (I actually have the HG soundtrack somewhere but all the data is in japanese, which is somewhat annoying since I cant read which track goes to which area of the game)

and, just for clarification, those are two of the newest games to have kanto (the G1 Region) appear in it, so I figured since this mod is only for the first 151 they would fit the best (the HG music is rather symphonic too Link while FR is a bit more... videogame sounding lol linki hmn actually listening to these i find it hard to imagine playing spelunky to them...)

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »

I can probably find some rips from the very oldest games, which would fit even better given Spelunky's style.  But we'll see.  First, I need to find the free time (and willpower) to actually work on this thing.  It's gonna be a busy semester...

Hardboiled Lobster
Shoot

So classy it hurts.

gentlemenlobster@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »

I got an error when I tossed a damsel at an Ekans and then jumping on it, not sure if it's an issue with Spelunky itself or the mod but here is the error in case you need it

for object oWrEx:

Error in code at line 4:
       else x = owner.x;
                      ^
at position 21: Unknown variable x

EDIT: It happened again after I jumped on an Ekans twice in a row with the same error message

Another image
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:12:36 PM by Hardboiled Lobster » Logged

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »

Derp, it never occurred to me that an Ekans that grabbed you could still be killed.  I think I know how to fix that.  Thanks for reporting it!

Hardboiled Lobster
Shoot

So classy it hurts.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »

Another thing I noticed was when the boulder from the Idol trap is destroyed it drops a pokeball which is pretty weird when you think about it. Also I had an idea that you could replace the boulder with a giant electrode and when it stops it explodes with the power of four normal bombs. Also have shopkeepers that come after you at the exit be replaced by Officer Jenny.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »

when the boulder is destroyed it drops a pokeball
Aw, you caught me.  Poke Balls are actually just resprited rocks.  This is something I plan to remedy at some point.

you could replace the boulder with a giant electrode
I already have an idea similar to this, but it doesn't involve Electrode.  Electrode will appear in the caves, though...

have shopkeepers at the exit be Officer Jenny.
THAT is hilarious!  I may just have to do that!

animalbrad
Shoot

Meark. hisssssss.

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »

I already have an idea similar to this, but it doesn't involve Electrode.  Electrode will appear in the caves, though...

Gwah... please don't make them look pokeballs. pokeballs are hard enough to find in the caves. What of the damsel, do you plan to change her at some point?
Hardboiled Lobster
Shoot

So classy it hurts.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2010, 08:33:29 PM »

I already have an idea similar to this, but it doesn't involve Electrode.  Electrode will appear in the caves, though...

What of the damsel, do you plan to change her at some point?

I actually just had an idea of the damsel being a Jynx or Nurse Joy

And a bunch of other ideas, the Cavemen could be like a Pokemon hiker trainer or a normal trainer and they send out different Pokemon you wouldn't see in most other areas like a Rattata or Geodude depending on what kind of trainer it is. And the other idea is a random event (not sure where it would happen) but it would be like a Pokemon stadium and you could use the Pokemon you have caught so far to right other Pokemon though this idea is rather over the top and you'd probably have to code an interface for your Pokemon and whatnot.

One last idea for now, replacing the normal ghost with the "ghost" that you'd see when you first go into the Pokemon tower in lavender town

And it'd be even more cool if you could have the lavender town music play when it appears or the Pokemon tower music
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:09:19 AM by Hardboiled Lobster » Logged

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:51 AM »

Most of those ideas seem a little out of the scale of this mod

remember the guy is already programing 152 of the guys! you are really asking a lot of him..

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »

Most of those ideas seem a little out of the scale of this mod
Most definitely.  But the easier ones, like resprites and stuff, I'd be more willing to do.  I think Nurse Joy would make an excellent replacement for the Damsel if Officer Jenny will be the Shopkeeper.

And having the generic ghost graphic replace the Spelunky ghost is definitely going to happen.

But, yeah, please don't overestimate how much time I have to dedicate to this.  I'm in my last semester of college, I'm working a part-time job, I have an RPG I've been working on for almost four years, and an art tournament that I'm determined to win.

See why the updates are so sparse? Wink
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:50:45 AM by halibabica » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: