Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunkémon (Arcanine and Golem added!)  (Read 116345 times)
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »

Which is why you should make say, bats, the bat guys in pokemon. stuff like that you can get away with.
Well, not every Spelunky enemy has a Pokémon equivalent, but I think I eventually will be removing them and leaving just the Pokémon.  I ran the numbers today...if I remove all the enemies but the Shopkeeper and take out two unnecessary objects from the editor, I'll have enough symbols for every Pokémon in custom levels.  Just.  Enough. Shocked

is Charmander's fire any different from the fire that comes out of lava?
Charmander's fireballs have the same sprite, but the ones that fly out of lava don't do damage.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »

Normally I'd bring up the 493+ pokemon in response to you saying "not every spelunky enemy has a pokemon equivalent" but if youre only using the first 150...

Well I think most spelunky enemies have some form of pokemon counterpart, either way just seeing you add all those new enemies is pretty darn cool

I have a question, are you planning to add anything other then new enemies?

EDIT:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:55:14 PM by Baekara » Logged

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 04:21:21 AM »

Should we expect a full pokedex of 150?
150 +2, yep!
150, Mew, and...?
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 07:11:10 AM »

are you planning to add anything other then new enemies?
Not really.  I eventually plan to modify the editor so you can use Pokémon in custom levels (only the ones you catch will be available), and I want to add a sort of zoo-type deal where you can watch and read stuff about the Pokémon you've found.  I'm also going to add Catches as a record bearing stat.

Other than that, I don't plan on seriously changing anything else.  This is already going to be a mighty undertaking.

picture
What, that's never happened to you before?  Don't blame me; it's Derek's stupid level generation script.

150, Mew, and...?
A hint: it's the only Pokémon without a number.

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »

Oh noes!  Not Female Gender Symbol!  Or maybe 4.4!  Or could it even be BAD EGG?  Or perhaps the monsterous Charizard M'?  Or some other glitch Pokemon, come forth to eat chips souls?

Yeah, Missingno., right.?
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

Spoilerz: It's spelled MissingNo.!

animalbrad
Shoot

Meark. hisssssss.

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »

I've thoroughly tested charmanders fireballs, the only thing i've seen that MIGHT happen, i may of had some invuln time left, is that once charmander is captured, all fireballs on the screen stop hurting you. I'll double check later, but i never got a error code.

oh and spoiler invsi text
Missingno gonna crash the game if you catch it?
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 11:51:48 AM »

MissingNo. does not work that way!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:25:07 PM by hyperme » Logged
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »

It does if you use him wrong. and keep it in spoiler text./

which form of MissingNo do you plan to use?

Spoiler
I don't like pokemon that much, but MissingNo is such an intersting glich, and the stuff behind it is really fun to think about.

ANYWAY

you should make spelunker wear red in this mod.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »

No it doesn't but if you go all Mew Glitching you can crash the game but MissingNo. just dulplicates items and doesn't really do much.  M' can mess up the hall of fame but not MissingNo.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 01:28:57 PM »

Well a form of ]MissingNo can really mess you up. I know that much.

It's all based on your name anyway. Hey I should see what happens when your name is 'spelunker'

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »

which form of MissingNo. do you plan to use?
Oh, whoops, totally blew the lid off that one.  I plan on using it's standard form; a big ol' tetris block.  What I'll make it do, though...well, you'll just have to wait. Wink

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

Not really.  I eventually plan to modify the editor so you can use Pokémon in custom levels (only the ones you catch will be available), and I want to add a sort of zoo-type deal where you can watch and read stuff about the Pokémon you've found.  I'm also going to add Catches as a record bearing stat.

Other than that, I don't plan on seriously changing anything else.  This is already going to be a mighty undertaking.

Do we get a new room for a high catch record?

And the rest of it sounds fine, imo you're adding a good amount of content.

What, that's never happened to you before?  Don't blame me; it's Derek's stupid level generation script.

Nope, I thought it was fixed in 1.1 but I guess not. Has anyone been working on this for 1.2 or any other mod?

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48:52 PM »

It's a little bit fixed in 1.1.

just a little bit.

Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 08:24:42 AM »

are you planning to add anything other then new enemies?
Gives me an idea... how bout HMs to be found randomly ingame, after you find them they become accessible through the pause menu? (Eg. HM01 Cut does something helpful, HM02 Fly can be like a cape/jetpack, HM03 Surf does something helpful with water, HM04 Rock Smash is like a mattock, etc.)
150, Mew, and...?
A hint: it's the only Pokémon without a number.
EGG, I KNEW IT!
which form of MissingNo. do you plan to use?
I plan on using it's standard form; a big ol' tetris block.  What I'll make it do, though...well, you'll just have to wait. Wink
Something to do with multiplying items?  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: