Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Portable  (Read 13334 times)
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »

Spelunky Portable saves your scores to a file in the game folder instead of the Windows registry so you don't lose your progress when you transfer your game folder to another machine or play from a portable USB drive or cloud storage on a different computer. You can import your current scores from the registry into Spelunky Portable so that you don't have to start over.

NOTE: This mod is no longer maintained. As of July 2012, its portable features have been added to both branches of the Spelunky 1.2 Project - I recommend downloading that instead, as it includes more bug fixes.

If you've already been using Spelunky Portable, here's how to transfer your scores to the Spelunky 1.2 Project:
1. In Spelunky Portable, press F1 on the title screen and click 'EXPORT' to copy your current scores back to the Windows registry.
2. Install The Spelunky 1.2 Project. Make sure you install to a new folder, or move/delete the old 'scores.dat' file you were using with Spelunky Portable, as it is not compatible with The Spelunky 1.2 Project!
3. The first time you run Spelunky 1.2, your scores will automatically be imported from the registry and a new scores.dat file will be created.

There is currently no way to export your scores back to the registry from Spelunky 1.2. I could put together a standalone tool to do that in the future. (You may need to prod me to get started on this! Cheesy )

Old Post:

Spelunky Portable saves your scores to a file in the game folder instead of the registry so you don't lose your progress when you transfer your game folder or play from a portable USB drive on a different computer. You can import your current scores from the registry into Spelunky Portable so that you don't have to start over.

Download Spelunky Portable

Early source (see scripts for documentation): spelunky_portable_gmk.zip

Notes:
- You can also export scores back to registry, so you can use the progress you made in Spelunky Portable in other mods that use registry scores. (Suggested by animalbrad)
- Fixed a joystick configuration bug in config.exe.

This is the import menu. The arrows indicate if that score in the registry is better or worse than your current score in Spelunky Portable. (Old image, before export option was added.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:55:00 PM by Moloch » Logged

Hayden
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:45:59 PM »

Hehe. Nice. Sounds like a good idea.

Unfortunately, I don't have a USB to transfer it. I have an SD Card though. Would that work? :S

(That's semi-rhetorical.. You can answer the question if you want, but it's not necessary. I can test it my self.)

Edit: Actually, I can't test it myself. I just remembered, to put it simply, I don't exactly have access to my SD card right now. I won't go into detail.
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »

One of these days there has to be a true mobile Spelunky: be it for phone or something like gba/ds/psp.
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't have a USB to transfer it. I have an SD Card though. Would that work? :S

You should be OK, i've tested it on both an SD card and a USB stick and it worked fine.

Hayden
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »

You should be OK, i've tested it on both an SD card and a USB stick and it worked fine.

Sweet. I'll download this now then. Smiley
Thanks.
animalbrad
Shoot

Meark. hisssssss.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »

Is it possible to export scores into the registry as well? I'd still have to get my shortcuts back for mods, and i'd rather not lose my scores.
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »

Is it possible to export scores into the registry as well? I'd still have to get my shortcuts back for mods, and i'd rather not lose my scores.

This makes sense, so I added an export option. New download link in first post.

animalbrad
Shoot

Meark. hisssssss.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 02:05:50 PM »

thanks. I'm guessing, from what i know of windows security, that you will need to have a spelunky registry already, and you will need to run portable as admin when you export. I'll test once i copy over my spelunky folder.
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »

Updated to use source from Spelunky 1.2 Project. Your previous save files (scores.dat) are compatible with this version.

Download Spelunky 1.2 Portable

Dudemaster
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 08:28:17 AM »

You should make this work with PortableApps.com Wink would make it that much handier.

“A witty saying proves nothing.” - Voltaire

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” - Unknown

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:15 AM »

I wasnt aware you still used this site

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Dudemaster
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:58 AM »

I wasn't aware you still used this site.
Someone has a long memory. Neeever mind what happened between us a year ago, eh? Grin

“A witty saying proves nothing.” - Voltaire

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” - Unknown

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »

You should make this work with PortableApps.com Wink would make it that much handier.

You always have good suggestions.. I skimmed through the specs of the PortableApps format.  I would probably remove the export scores to registry feature to conform to the format they use, which is no biggie.

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 07:31:43 AM »

Someone has a long memory. Neeever mind what happened between us a year ago, eh? Grin
I will consider you 'on parole'

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
beacon44
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:53 PM »

Yeah, Great site portable Apps. I'll do work on it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: