Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Joypad config problems  (Read 7222 times)
Dock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »

I'm continuing to have joypad configuration problems with Spelunky. One of the older versions worked fine, the one that came out around new years eve last year - I think it was around 98B.  My Sega Saturn USB controller now no longer allows me to input the buttons in the config menu, and I have to use a gamepad.cfg from a really old version of the game. Sad

Spelunky recognises my button inputs in game just fine, and the config recognises my joypad, it's just the config section doesn't recgonise input.
Derek
Mossmouth
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »

Hrm, okay, I'll look into this. Huh?
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »

There is a report on holding down the first button to set the jump key. Alternately, you can edit the "gamepad" .cfg file directly. Alternately, if you have a previous version hanging around still, copy over your .cfg file. At least until Derek makes a fix. Here is my setup if it helps.

In PS2 controller terms, this is X= jump, Square= whip, O= inventory, Triangle= nothing, L1=run, L2=rope, R1=purchase, R2=bomb. You should be able to set these figures and test it out. Good Luck!

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Dock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:27:33 PM »

I just tried version 1.1, and it still doesn't recognise my button presses in the joypad configuration. It recognises that there is a joypad, but it don't detect any button presses in config.

I should really figure out a manual setup for my pad, or track back to a really old version where the config worked and use that data.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 05:08:06 AM »

You should keep from overwriting the config files when you get an update, they will stay the same and you don't have to set your options again. The joypad config. has been broken as long as I can remember, just use the notepad file. It will take some tweaking depending on the setup you want, but using the above post try it out. If there is still no response it may be something with the connection or the computer itself recognizing it.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
gummybears123
Mossy

Yummy Gummy!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 08:51:27 AM »

I always overwrite, I guess I'm going to stop now...

I made a rap.
It sounds dumb, like reading a map
I really should stop this thing before it goes too far
But I don't really car as long as I stay below the radar
Those big companies won't get me no
I'll get away before the fuzz show

-Most famous rapper of Mossmouth
Kirbylord
Dock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »

I finally managed to track down my copy of 0.98.1, which works fine for joypad config. My Saturn joypad config is as follows:

Not sure why there are less buttons, but it works fine! This is on a different machine, and I still have joypad config problems.  I tried the wired 360 controller too, and that works without problem (other that the horrible dpad Wink)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: