Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lavaland 2  (Read 2610 times)
Hayden
« on: June 24, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »

Lavaland 2

I decided to see what level editor plus could now accomplish, and decided, why not make a Lavaland 2?

Well.. I've made one level and it seems to work great with all the new stuff.

Right now there is only one level, but I may plan on expanding it soon enough. I've marked this as medium, since most people in the forum are probably able to complete it with at the most a little challenge and a few deaths. However this may be one of my most puzzle-y puzzles yet. Cheesy

But if I add more levels like this to Lavaland 2 I may have to mark it as hard. I didn't want to make it an OMG! level, since they can be too frustrating to test for me, so I made it a medium-hard level. Anyway, enjoy.

Uses Level Editor Plus by hyperme

Click to download

Problem with the download? Tell me. I'll fix it ASAP.

Edit: I made a video of me completing it, and put it on YouTube. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM7iVHRdt8o
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:09:49 PM by Hayden » Logged
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »

I'll have to check this out.  I can't imagine a sequel to Lavaland being only Medium, though...

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Hayden
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 02:53:54 AM »

Well, OMG levels are INSANE, and this is about 2 levels down from insane. It's .. Challenging. Thus, medium. Smiley
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:09:19 AM »

List of truly OMG levels that I remember:

Eguee Test
Speedy Red
Ascent
Lavaland
IWBTG (iffy, hard/omg I think.)
Falling.
Hayden
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:12:21 AM »

You truly think lavaland was a true OMG level?

I'd have thought it was.. Er.. I'll make an OMG meter:

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Easy        Normal         Hard       OMG        TRUE OMG

Well, I'm gonna try to add on to Lavaland 2. I might go make another level now. And by "Might", I mean, "Will".

Edit: I've greatly expanded lavaland 2.. However, I plan to expand it more, so I won't release the .Zip with all the updated levels, until I have all of them finished. Smiley

Edit: By "Greatly Expanded", I mean, added a few levels. And by "Expand it more", I mean add heaps more levels. I'm going to make it "OMG" worthy. There ARE checkpoints, but that doesn't take out the OMG-ness.. Just the frustration of restarting from level one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:02:53 AM by Hayden » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: