Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't use joystick controls to pay tunnel man  (Read 5265 times)
argon vile
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »

I got to the tunnel man on (i believe) level 8? Before the ice caverns? At first I was freaked out that the game wasn't responding because it wouldn't accept input at the Tunnel Man's speech (hey! i'm the tunnel man, i dig shortcuts! etc) but it turns out it just doesn't accept joystick input

So, it's not a big deal, I just switch to the keyboard when I'm paying the tunnel man. Still, would be nice if it were fixed
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

I got to the tunnel man on (i believe) level 8? Before the ice caverns? At first I was freaked out that the game wasn't responding because it wouldn't accept input at the Tunnel Man's speech (hey! i'm the tunnel man, i dig shortcuts! etc) but it turns out it just doesn't accept joystick input

So, it's not a big deal, I just switch to the keyboard when I'm paying the tunnel man. Still, would be nice if it were fixed

thats.. odd.  I have had no issue doing that in gates of hell.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:41:02 AM »

Gamepad works fine for me, it's all I use. Have you checked the gamepad.cfg file? I would test, but it would mean resetting my data, sorry.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »

Gamepad works fine for me, it's all I use. Have you checked the gamepad.cfg file? I would test, but it would mean resetting my data, sorry.
I'll make a 2nd save file mod if you want to test.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
argon vile
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »

I don't know what i'm looking for, but my gamepad.cfg says something like "3 8 7 4 2 1 4 5 10" (newline delimited)

The gamepad works OK for everything but the tunnel man, and yeah i realize it's annoying for people to test if they've already unlocked the shortcuts

I'm using a PS2 controller connected to my PC through a USB port, but I don't think that matters too much. Windows recognizes it as a joystick and all the buttons work. I'm running Windows 7 in 64 bit mode, doubt that matters either but there it is
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »

I don't know what i'm looking for, but my gamepad.cfg says something like "3 8 7 4 2 1 4 5 10" (newline delimited)

The gamepad works OK for everything but the tunnel man, and yeah i realize it's annoying for people to test if they've already unlocked the shortcuts

I'm using a PS2 controller connected to my PC through a USB port, but I don't think that matters too much. Windows recognizes it as a joystick and all the buttons work. I'm running Windows 7 in 64 bit mode, doubt that matters either but there it is
That sounds about right for the gamepad.cfg... odd

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:28:27 AM »

Well, after doing a bit of research and testing, I can't duplicate the issue. So a couple more questions, first "(newline delimited)" what is this? is it actually in the cfg, or it means something else? Huh?

The only issue I can guess has to do with the controller, you say PS2, is it actually a PS3 though? I tried with your layout, so tell me if this is correct for how you're playing.

(buttons only, not d-pad or analogs)
circle = jump
R2 = action (whip)
L2 = cycle items
Triangle = run
X = bomb shortcut
square = rope shortcut
L1 = purchase
start = pause

argon vile
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »

Well, after doing a bit of research and testing, I can't duplicate the issue. So a couple more questions, first "(newline delimited)" what is this? is it actually in the cfg, or it means something else? Huh?

The only issue I can guess has to do with the controller, you say PS2, is it actually a PS3 though? I tried with your layout, so tell me if this is correct for how you're playing.

(buttons only, not d-pad or analogs)
circle = jump
R2 = action (whip)
L2 = cycle items
Triangle = run
X = bomb shortcut
square = rope shortcut
L1 = purchase
start = pause

no, it's a true PS2 controller (not PS3.) i'm feeding it through a third party accessory that lets it plug in through the USB port. it works OK for other games, i haven't had problems.

my controls might be a little silly. i'm kind of curious what you PS-controller people use for your controls but i guess that's another thread eh.
Triangle = rope shortcut
Circle = bomb shortcut
Square = run
X = jump
R1 = use item
L1 = cycle item
L2 = purchase
start = pause

As far as the "newline delimited" thing in my post; I was just saying that while I used spaces to delimit the numbers in my post, in the file, they're actually delimited by newlines.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 07:40:00 AM »

Strange, the button layout doesn't seem to match the config file. That's what I thought the problem might be, here's the page describing the gamepad.cfg http://spelunky.wikia.com/wiki/Controls check the bottom. I guess you might just have to use the keyboard for that, luckily the regular game's not affected.

argon vile
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »

Oh yeah, I changed my controls with config.exe.
argon vile
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »

ugh sorry guys. i got to the tunnel man again and everything works OK. in all of my button mashing at the tunnel man, i just never thought to hit R1 (my whip button)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: