Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: TLSMV  (Read 47163 times)
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »

There's another place in the mines hub where you need to be able to jump and swing.  It should take you to a night desert area with a cryptic message...

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2010, 06:03:48 AM »

After almost finishing and then accidently going back to the level load screen, I have comments:

1.  I didn't visit the Hamjet level before the Sceptre level.
2.  Fuck you Eugee.  Getting unavoidalby hit at the start of the level is not good.
3.  Overall, it was pretty good, but there were someplaces wher extra checkpoints would be nice.
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2010, 07:25:19 AM »

1.Neither did I, but if you did what I did, you could still visit the Hamjet after you get the Sceptre.
2.You can avoid it.
Dudemaster
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »

FINALLY I have a proper internet connection up and running here in Greece as well.. No dial-up BS - I now have a 24 mb/s (actually about 16 mb/s) broadband connection and I can down TLSMV and TLS now and play it! AWESUM!

BTW, tell me what you thought of my level (number 15 - spring shoes) if you found it particularly memorable...
Dudemaster
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2010, 10:53:23 AM »

Captain's log - Stardate... screw it LOL.

Okay, so as much as I searched to find the spider paste level, I simply couldn't so I therefore skipped to the MetroidVania 2 - Arboterum.

On the bow level, it took me a while to blow them fat red exploding frog things, but I killed them all in the right sport in the end, even though it cost me 40+ HP! I just couldn't be bothered to jump over the lava ponds again after jumping over them 30+ TIMES!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, that person should hang himself for not putting a checkpoint up there next to the ladder, whoever it was.

Then I made my way through an easy level if I remember right... and then I had to get a lamp, which was the most devilish level I've played before! Damn you, unknown map designer!! Is this what you meant by 'easy', halibabica?? Sure, I can easily find the exit which is on (SPOILER) the far bottom right, but the the item is nowhere to be seen, especially since it's so damn dark! And no clues are given to guide you somewhere either and that's just total bollocks! RRRAAARGH I'M SO ANGRY!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »

The Lamp level is somewhere else in the arboretum.  You're not supposed to venture into the level called Darkness without it.

Also, the Spider Paste level is buried in the level called Eye of Truth; found near the Mattock level.

Dudemaster
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »

Someone needs to make a walkthrough for this, me thinks...

It's just too damn hard to keep track of where you have gone and where you haven't - added to the fact that ~21% of the levels are hub levels and make it very hard to move on with the MetroidVania...

Just offering my constructive criticism, halibabica Smiley - no need to get angry - just think of how much gameplay we've managed to cram in a measly 31 KB!!
TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »

Hey, this is a bit late but

I'm not happy with my V, but I think the rest of it matches.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:03:43 PM by TyrannicalOverlordC » Logged

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »

Someone needs to make a walkthrough for this, me thinks...
I could!  And probably should!  Those hubs were meant to be puzzling, after all.  One big grand puzzle between all the rest.

If it's any help, you should keep in mind that each item should *somehow* help you find the next, so bear in mind each item's abilities and seek the next step accordingly.

Hey, this is a bit late but { pic }
Yeah, I saw you added that as its screenshot on the database.  Nicely done!  Though I think you overuse the little divot thingies.

DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »

The red lamp level isn't working out for me. I suppose that if you pick up the water, heads should start rolling. But they dont. In which case I am stuck with no way to get to the exit. Help?
I love these levels though. Pretty amazing stuff. Manageable yet challenging, and quite funny at times. The only part I disliked was an arrow jump at the end of a jungle level, but only because I probably press buttons too fast. Must have done that part like 300+ times at least... I loved the glowing 'lava-lamps' in the ninja-suit level though.

F

Edit: I start the level with pistol, ninja-suit and one health. That should be good, right?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:38:20 PM by DialFforFunky » Logged

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »

You mean you pick up the water glass and the boulder trap doesn't go off?  If so, are you using the latest version of TLS?  You should have to press 'x' to pick up the glass.  If colliding with it collects it for you, then you may be running an outdated copy.

And yes, that is all the stuff you're supposed to start with.

DialFforFunky
Bean

Revenge of the Burning Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »

Thanks for the speedy reply. It's pickup on collision indeed. Sucks though, as I'll have to do some tough parts all over again... for the third time... Still, it beats doing the same level over and over again. Thanks.

F

goombapatrol
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »

i'd really like to try this, but i keep getting 'NOTICE: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them. Please retry your request in a moment.'

is the download messed up or is my computer?
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »

Weird.  It seems the .zip file got bugged somehow.  I repacked it and re-uploaded it.  It should work fine now.

goombapatrol
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »

apprecaited Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: