Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Robbing the Black Market  (Read 37360 times)
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »

Pretty much. You got the gist of it.

Be afraid.
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »

What's the maximum number of shops that can spawn in the game?  Can you get one on every level 2..15, or is there a lower limit?
Marty
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

The other day I tried to rob the ankh salesman. There happened to be a man-eating plant on the ground above him, so I knocked it out, set it on the floor of his shop, and picked up the ankh like I was about to buy it. (When you do this, the shopkeeper will walk over to you, making it more likely that he will eventually get eaten.) I knew that he would soon burst out of the flower, so I ran. I noticed that I automatically picked up bombs from the other stores in the black market, and none of the other shopkeepers tried to chase me! Unfortunately I either died in some stupid way not long after, or got hit by the aggro'd dude's shotgun after he burst from the plant's belly.
Anifanatic
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2009, 10:53:06 PM »

What's the maximum number of shops that can spawn in the game?  Can you get one on every level 2..15, or is there a lower limit?
It's a random chance. You could get one after another for several levels, or never see any at all, just like for damsels. I don't know if it's possible to get a shop on every level or on zero levels (I usually die before I can find out though).
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:05 AM »

I've gotten 0 shops before.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2009, 04:45:52 AM »

I've gotten 0 shops before.

The game is unbeatable without shops, isn't it? Or at least when I try. Every game that I've had without shops, I've only made it so far until I'm stuck somewhere and the ghost has to come to kill me.

Be afraid.
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2009, 05:31:44 AM »

i'm pretty sure you can do it. Thinking about it on successful runs i tend to only use bombs and ropes to get crates, rarely needing them to get out of impossible situations - all of which were avoidable.
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2009, 08:10:50 AM »

The game is unbeatable without shops, isn't it? Or at least when I try. Every game that I've had without shops, I've only made it so far until I'm stuck somewhere and the ghost has to come to kill me.

I saw a YouTube video where a guy won with only the starting items, never picking anything up, and never taking damage.
Delmion
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2009, 12:36:20 PM »

Uh, hang on: are you asking whether the game is unbeatable without shops, or without the items that you can get from shops-or-crates-or-solid-rock-itself?  Because certainly you don't need shops in order to get lucky and find super-powered whatsits.  And even beyond that, as noted, some people will take it as a challenge to get through the game without using items.  Sure you could do it.

(And, as long as I'm on this subject: the Sceptre doesn't come from a shop, and getting it almost assures that a final-shortcut-run of mine ends in winning the game.)

--Delmion
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »

The Scepter is weak because it targets corpses.

The Shotgun is weak because it doesn't shoot through walls.

The Boomerang is weak because it doesn't do much damage.
fsk
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

There's a boomerang?
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »

There's a boomerang?

Yeah, since when the hell are there boomerangs?

And corpses aren't a problem. Just make sure to group all of the enemies into one small place.

Be afraid.
johnnoz
Bean

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »

I thiiiink he might be talking about the bow... but there seriously should be a boomerang in the game! with zelda-like returning directly to you.
AresRomanGod
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2009, 05:36:33 PM »

I thiiiink he might be talking about the bow... but there seriously should be a boomerang in the game! with zelda-like returning directly to you.

That would be awesome.

Be afraid.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2009, 05:49:24 PM »

Actually, I'm talking about the standard Legend of Zelda boomerang, not the Spelunky bow. :V
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: