Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spelunky First Level Cash Challenge  (Read 32376 times)
cjfoster
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

At $61900, orange08 certainly deserves the gold homey more than I do.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »

Well, I'm not quite as happy with these, or with Flickr but here's the immortal challenge trophies:

For third place, the Sapphire Spider!

For Second, the Ruby Revenge!

And pretend you didn't see it coming, for the grand champeen, the Diamond Deity!

These guys didn't really re-color as well as the smaller sprites, I think Olmec turned out decent, but the other two (especially the tomb lord) aren't very nice looking. Well, if I fix 'em I'll update it here too, otherwise congrats to the winners I hope you like your trophies! Cheesy

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
orange08
Bulb

Indeed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »

Thanks for making the trophies.  Grin

We need another challenge now!!! Any ideas? =D
danieltalsky
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2010, 12:44:14 PM »

Arucard, I think the trophies are great, and they're now in place and there's a nod to your work in the first post.  This turned out to be a lot of fun to curate, and at first it didn't look like people were going to get into it.

I'm not sure what else would be a good challenge.  There's something so natural about this one, since most people kind of try to do it anyway, and it's always a fresh start.  It's also cool because it's so easy to illustrate your win state... you just show a screenshot that shows it's the first level screen.

One thing I've considered is doing challenges where you hit the first room of the other level types in the shortcut screen, like the First Jungle Level Cash Challenge, the First Ice Level Cash Challenge, the First Temple Level Cash Challenge.  One problem is that it's not quite as easy to make sure or illustrate that it's the first level you touched. 

I mean, I know it's for honor anyway, and people could easily photoshop a fake screenshot even of this challenge, but it doesn't seem as clean somehow.

Anyone interested?  Should I just do a post for this and let people hack it out?
Kirby
Mossy

Too Long Away

nrmario@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »

I'd be interested, especially the ice caves one. Seems much more suited to my style of play.

I'm learning Japanese!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirbyLord/
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »

It wouldn't be so hard to tell as you might think.  Sure, someone could post an outrageous treasure bonus, if the treasures pictured don't add up to that total, then there's a good chance (100%) that they either didn't start from that level or they hacked it together.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
orange08
Bulb

Indeed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2010, 02:48:09 PM »

Anyone who WOULD lie about their money scores is a low-down skunk.
danieltalsky
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

I present to you, the Spelunky Shortcut Level Cash Challenges:
http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=1313.0
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: