Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunatic Mod  (Read 14146 times)
TheTylor
Shoot

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 24, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »

Download it here:

http://tylorlilley.com/Spelunatic.zip

Details at my website here:

http://tylorlilley.com/index.html

Also see the Wiki entry for this mod here:

http://spelunky.wikia.com/wiki/Spelunatic

Please let me know what yall think. Just a little mod, mostly graphical, to help me learn GML some more. as I just began writing in it myself for the first time last March.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:41:05 AM by TheTylor » Logged

Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

Interesting. Definitely a different way to play.

Also, you did a really good job on the Spelunatic's new look!

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »

How... strange. Interesting. I like it. Maybe you should use one of the map editors to make it so bombs are more needed.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
TheTylor
Shoot

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »

Interesting. Definitely a different way to play.

Also, you did a really good job on the Spelunatic's new look!

Thank you very much, kind sir; I'm glad I achieved what I set out to do then. The graphic changes are what took the most time, even if there is only a few of them. That Spelunker's got a lot of different sprites!

How... strange. Interesting. I like it. Maybe you should use one of the map editors to make it so bombs are more needed.

Hmm... that would be quite interesting. Perhaps I'll look into that.

smokcheez
Mossbaby

Oh snap.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:08 PM »

I must ask... why did you make the spelunker islamic?

Get a life or die trying!
TheTylor
Shoot

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »

I must ask... why did you make the spelunker islamic?

Um, he's a terrorist. I thought the extra bombs might have tipped you off, coupled with the new appearance. Tongue

Hey, People who have played it: I considered making the Spelunatic immune to all explosions. This would make the game easier but put a stop to stupid accidental bomb deaths. Thoughts? do or Don't?

DungeonPheonix
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »

That correlation seems rather insensitive.
TheTylor
Shoot

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »

What correlation? Bombs and terrorists?

If you'll note I've put disclaimers everywhere saying that this is a joke, and I mean no disrespect to any muslims or their religion of Islam. Maybe I should have put one here too, but I figured you would have seen at least one if you went to either the wiki or my website for more information on the mod above. Either way, my message is this: Don't get your panties in a bunch. If you find it offensive, don't play it, but that's really not what I meant by it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:28:55 PM by TheTylor » Logged

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »

If you'll note I've put disclaimers everywhere saying that this is a joke, and I mean no disrespect to any muslims or their religion of Islam. Maybe I should have put one here too, but I figured you would have seen at least one if you went to either the wiki or my website for more information on the mod above. Either way, my message is this: Don't get your panties in a bunch. If you find it offensive, don't play it, but that's really not what I meant by it.
it's because there are lots and lots of terroirsts types and most in fact are not  islamic.

I think it's all fair, honestly, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

But why the beep does he get to make this and I can't make lesbian spelunky

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 07:45:51 PM »

it's because there are lots and lots of terroirsts types and most in fact are not  islamic.

I think it's all fair, honestly, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

But why the beep does he get to make this and I can't make lesbian spelunky

I would absolutely adore a GLSB mod, maybe have some setting to change based on your preference of which one (gay, lesbian, straight, bi)!

And for the mod, I find this rather fun actually, and I would think explosives should still hurt, but if a compromise Must be met on that point, just make every explosion give the Spelunatic 2 damage or so.
TheTylor
Shoot

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »

I must have missed the part where someone told you you couldn't make Lesbian Spelunky. I am rather new here afterall, but as I see it, it's all fair game.

I mean, I would play Lesbian Spelunky. Y'know, for all of the... added features and enhanced gameplay. Not because there are lesbians involved.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 12:05:41 AM »

I must have missed the part where someone told you you couldn't make Lesbian Spelunky. I am rather new here afterall, but as I see it, it's all fair game.

I mean, I would play Lesbian Spelunky. Y'know, for all of the... added features and enhanced gameplay. Not because there are lesbians involved.
There is a link to it. It's not that good really. Due to the way I made it, it's also gay spelunky if you change to a guy.

Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 05:12:18 PM »

The argument against Lesbian Spelunky is that we have both older AND younger audiences

It would be terrible if some parent walked in the room when one of our younger members was on the source page, and saw the words "Lesbian Spelunky," and being the paranoid parents that all parents are, assumed it had something to do with pr0n or or suggestive themes and didn't want their poor child to be corrupted.

While this situation seems uncommon, it most definitely is not unlikely, and we would like to avoid anyone from not being able to come here anymore.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »

GLS Spelunky.
GLSBA (That being gay lesbian straight bi alliance...funny how they didn't put tran in there...). Or somesuch variation.

I am Very much in support of most anything to further the goal of equality between...umm...(crap, what do I call this...) sexualities(?), and already had quite the eventful day, about to go off (almost violently) on this [insert choice adjective/noun combo here] who believes herself always in the right and better than everyone becuase of her damn religion (I know others like that, but she likes to go the extra mile...and Always denies ever doing any of her actions if you mention them again). She said to my gay close friend's face that he couldn't be a minister, his church's minister shouldn't be a minister (is also gay) because it's a sin, and then ridiculed his religon (Unitarian, believe that's the spelling, they have some lovely little beliefs actually) for using the term church to refer to their buildings of worship.

Needed to rant Again to people today on that. And it gives me a good excuse to  want Multi-Sexuality, GLS-Friendly Spelunky.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:44 PM »

GLS Spelunky.
GLSBA (That being gay lesbian straight bi alliance...funny how they didn't put tran in there...). Or somesuch variation.

I am Very much in support of most anything to further the goal of equality between...umm...(crap, what do I call this...) sexualities(?), and already had quite the eventful day, about to go off (almost violently) on this [insert choice adjective/noun combo here] who believes herself always in the right and better than everyone becuase of her damn religion (I know others like that, but she likes to go the extra mile...and Always denies ever doing any of her actions if you mention them again). She said to my gay close friend's face that he couldn't be a minister, his church's minister shouldn't be a minister (is also gay) because it's a sin, and then ridiculed his religon (Unitarian, believe that's the spelling, they have some lovely little beliefs actually) for using the term church to refer to their buildings of worship.

Needed to rant Again to people today on that. And it gives me a good excuse to  want Multi-Sexuality, GLS-Friendly Spelunky.
I can do that.

I can't even remember why I made that mod...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: