Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shopkeeper pistol glitch  (Read 3718 times)
GrueSlayer
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »

If you shoot the shopkeeper with a pistol, he'll get angry, and if you rob the place after he leaves it, and reach the exit, no shopkeepers will appear on the next exit, and you can carry out the shotgun while he's stunned so he can't shoot you.
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:04:12 AM »

I think that's supposed to happen, you see, you angered the shopkeeper, but never stole any items until he was already angry so that doesn't count.
It may be a glitch, but it's known as a good robbing method. Shopkeepers probably should appear at the exit but they don't.

all in all. this probably won't be fixed, but it can be cherished upon as a viable shopkeeper-killing/shop-robbing strategy.

GrueSlayer
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 12:55:38 PM »

I think that's supposed to happen, you see, you angered the shopkeeper, but never stole any items until he was already angry so that doesn't count.
It may be a glitch, but it's known as a good robbing method. Shopkeepers probably should appear at the exit but they don't.

all in all. this probably won't be fixed, but it can be cherished upon as a viable shopkeeper-killing/shop-robbing strategy.
True, but it just seems really weird that assault with a deadly weapon isn't considered criminal. He really should say something akin to "Die, you thug!", and add to the crime level.
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

Very valid point, yes.

But, that's not how it is, It probably won't be fixed.

I didn't design the game,
If I did, I would do that, because I agree

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »

Hmm.  I know why this happens.  Shopkeepers appear at the exits when one of two things happen:

1. you steal an item (theft)
2. a shopkeeper dies (murder)

Theft only counts as theft if the items cost more than 0 when you take them.  But if you harm a shopkeeper, the item costs instantly fall to 0, so you can take them without consequence (even if the shoppy didn't die).  It'd be easy enough to fix, but like Unknown Mantrap said, it's unlikely it ever will be.  Unless we take matters into our own hands, of course.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
AresRomanGod
Mossy

I am DEFINITELY not a mod. Flame when you see me.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 10:51:19 PM »

It's a wanted system, basically; you harmed him, but didn't kill him. He went aggro on you, but since the items were no longer purchase-able you were free to take them at your own risk. Since you didn't kill the shopkeeper and just left him to aggro, your "wanted level" wasn't high enough to reach the point where shopkeepers would guard exits.

Be afraid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: