Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frantic Spelunky  (Read 9198 times)
Ambitious Sloth
Bulb

Tenacious Scribbler

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »

Introducing the sequel to Bomber Spelunky no one knew was coming; but, everyone wanted.

FRANTIC SPELUNKY
Go!Go!Go!

It's not just a one serving mod though, this Spelunky, brings SOMETHING TO THE TABLE!

TAKE IN NEW IDEAS SUCH AS:
  • EARTHQUAKE MODE!
  • FAST PACED SPELUNKER!
  • FALLING DEBRIS!
  • EXCITING MUSIC!

THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO PLAY, UNLESS YOUR A PANSY!

DOWNLOAD THE NEXT BURST OF ADRENALINE HERE!
http://www.mediafire.com/?twzgqj5domg

BE THE MAN!

"I am the King of all I can see" -bug
ZeSandvich
Bean

Semi-artist, tons a' games

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »

I'd rather be the Guy.
... but I'll try this mod out.

Playing too many games and I don't even care.
Dudemaster
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »

Awww, and I thought I would love this. What a shame. I'll sum up my thoughts on a list. Below.

• Earthquake effect is too bloody strong and makes you think you are drunk. The effect was so strong I could not play this mod more than about 2 minutes because my eyes were about to explode.
  • I really do not see a change in the spelunker's running or moving speed.
  • The falling debris does not do anything to you, but it's a nice touch.
  • I love this sped up music! Keep it unchanged while you are fixing you mod!

So.. yeah. Go fix this potentially good mod's problems. And that is all there is to say!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:59:52 PM by Dudemaster » Logged
grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »

Earthquake was nice, but only gave an ILLUSION of urgency...perhaps see if you could get some kind of actual player-affecting earthquake thing to happen after short time.
But once you get used to it, there is ZERO urgency...

Like the debris

The speed looked normal, though did like the higher jump, and music was ok.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »

Needs scaling up, it should slowly get worse and worse, untill it gets to where it starts now and rocks start falling.

(and guys you do run a bit faster, but the main thing is you get up to top speed a lot faster.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Ambitious Sloth
Bulb

Tenacious Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »

I'll see what to do based on all of your replies.

Here's the blow by blow of my thoughts:
  • Earthquake scaling would be interesting, look in to it.
  • The spelunkers walk speed is now closer to his old run speed; however, as a result now when you run you only get a very small boost when you hold down the run button.
  • It has to stay as debris or similar objects creating something, say a rock, would cause the game to crash between levels.
  • If you want moar urgency (glennrieck, though not to name names) I can institute the 30 second time limit I had before realease.

But I'm glad you guys like the music, I'm actually working on a mod now that is dedicated to changing such stuff in game.

"I am the King of all I can see" -bug
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »

• It has to stay as debris or similar objects creating something, say a rock, would cause the game to crash between levels.

Not true! i can help with that, simplely make a check to see of oPlayer1 exists in the start step and make event. If it does not, destroy the rock!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: