Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Floating Point Overflow [FIXED]  (Read 5499 times)
Flimmy
Seedling

Do 12 noon at least once a day.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:54:15 PM »

This error occurs when I open the Game, or the Config.

If you need any more details, ask and you shall be given them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:43:38 PM by Flimmy » Logged
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »

I'm sorry?

what?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Flimmy
Seedling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »

Great questions.

I always tend to fix any problems with games being incompatible or whatever the case may be, but there's no way in hell that I know what to do. It apparently has something to do with Spelunky itself.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »

Um... sounds.... very odd.

1) try to get rid of it toatly and downinging it once more.

2)if that doesn't work, try any other game maker game and see if it works.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Flimmy
Seedling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »

If there any way, that anyone knows of, to do a fresh "install" and keep your previous "install's" statistics?

(1) Scratch that. A new directory/extraction made no difference. Maybe it has to do with system files or something, but that is highly un-probable as you'd think the game would sprout a "dll problem" instead.

(2) Okay, this problem involves all Game Maker games. Um... anyone familiar with this error?

//offtopic// Mossmouth chose a great forums design. SMF rocks. //offtopic//

Edit:

Alright, Google'd and found a... discussion on this topic. It turns out that it may be an ATi problem. The strange thing is that, one minute, Spelunky worked, and the next minute it did not. I'll experiment with the ATi CCC and report any findings.

Once again, if someone is familiar with this problem, or has any insight, PLEASE POST
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:35:37 PM by Flimmy » Logged
Flimmy
Seedling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »

That solution was found quickly... I figured that it had something to do with ATi's CCC settings, considering I change them around from time to time.

Quote from the post I made on the Game Maker Forums:

If you are still having problems with GM games, I found a solution in like.. 2 seconds.

I had this problem 5 minutes ago. Posted in Spelunky's forums thinking it was that particular game. The game worked one day, and not the next. Okay, well:

I decided to mess around with ATi's Catalyst Control Center. It turns out that 4x Anti Aliasing was causing the problem. I put it back down to 2x AA, and the problem disappeared. Experiment with your settings next time you run into that problem, and see what works for you. Enjoy!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »

So you got it fixed?

glad to hear it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: