Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Tastes like booms?  (Read 17457 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »

Why does everything taste like booms?

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2nzzmjijel

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »

De Bud Bombs of Boom?  Grin

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »

No this is everything blows up.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »

And no one cares... : (

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

Welcome to the Spelunky forums.  There are roughly ten people here at any given time.

EDIT: And this mod is impossible.  Ignoring the fact that Meatmec destroys his entire stage during his intro, I could not reach the jungle even though I was using the custom start chamber to begin with the jetpack, dice, and jerky sceptre. o.O

One suggestion, though, instead of having the explosion from a solid or enemy appear at their x/y coordinate, you should set it to be their x and y plus eight so the explosion comes from their middle instead of the top-left corner.  In fact, +sprite_width/2 and +sprite_height/2 would cover just about everything.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:35:04 PM by halibabica » Logged

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »

Welcome to the Spelunky forums.  There are roughly ten people here at any given time.

EDIT: And this mod is impossible.  Ignoring the fact that Meatmec destroys his entire stage during his intro, I could not reach the jungle even though I was using the custom start chamber to begin with the jetpack, dice, and jerky sceptre. o.O

One suggestion, though, instead of having the explosion from a solid or enemy appear at their x/y coordinate, you should set it to be their x and y plus eight so the explosion comes from their middle instead of the top-left corner.  In fact, +sprite_width/2 and +sprite_height/2 would cover just about everything.
It's not impossible untill meatmac. You can do it. And I can do the boom sifting easy. thanks

Pteriforever
Mosskid

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »

once I hit a sleeping bat with a pot and the bat didn't explode.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »

Then I am a bad programmer because I have no clue how to fix that.

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 12:34:09 AM »

Test see if same holds true for a ceiling held spider/big spider. If they don't explode (though it'd be hard to test on big spider without bombs and ensure dies before activating) then you've got the answer why: they wouldn't while inactive, but once activated they would.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 12:38:22 AM »

Test see if same holds true for a ceiling held spider/big spider. If they don't explode (though it'd be hard to test on big spider without bombs and ensure dies before activating) then you've got the answer why: they wouldn't while inactive, but once activated they would.
Yeah but bats are the same object no matter what....

spiders aren't.

grieck
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 12:41:09 AM »

That's just wierd. The bug found. Not the news they're the same, which IS a tad weird, but anyway.

Do basic testing then, repeat circumstances, see why it happened, wave magic wand, and you're finished.

Pity things don't actually work that way.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 05:51:07 AM »

I'm not sure what's up with the bat, because it's supposed to explode upon its destruction, right? But I know why the hanging spiders don't explode.  Before a spider drops down to attack, it's a different enemy object.  oSpiderHang is different from oSpider, and if oSpiderHang were set to explode when it was destroyed, it would blow up every time it tried to drop down from the ceiling because it has to create a new spider and destroy itself to do so.  Same for Giant Spiders.

Bats, however, are always bats, so the hang thing doesn't apply to them.  Which makes it very weird.

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewuw2ximwwzz1zd

Heyyy first post, I have been stalking you guys as a nonmember for a while and Decided to get an account now so I could post that

Just a level made from messing around with the TLS Boom mod, I didn't include the .tls file since I dunno what they do, plus it seemed to work fine after i removed it from the levels folder.

Also Im surprised at Mars for not realizing how few people are here to praise his work, even I noticed that the forums were basically the same few people over and over

Tls Boom makes me laugh, so much death, good to be a Gaming masochist

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »

dah-dah-dah :stuff in the wrong place:
Welcome Bae, but this is very much the wrong place to post your level. You want the Level-sharing section, this thread is for a specific mod.

Also,
pretty sure this is the greatest quote of the generation. Grin

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 12:01:39 AM »

dah-dah-dah :stuff in the wrong place:
Welcome Bae, but this is very much the wrong place to post your level. You want the Level-sharing section, this thread is for a specific mod.

I kind of know that, I just figured a level built specifically for a mod of a mod might be more relevant on this page rather then in the level sharing, plus Mars needed some attention  Wink

I do, however, plan on showing off any other levels through the proper section of the site, so no worries right?

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: