Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Damsel exit bug  (Read 3504 times)
minmay
Shoot

View Profile Email
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »

If the tile under an exit is destroyed (usually only happens from boulders and Olmec) and a damsel is brought to that exit, the sound of her walking through the exit will play, but she will fall down and become permanently unconscious, while also not being able to be picked up.  The game will believe the damsel to be saved, so you'll still get the kiss when you exit the level yourself.
After some quick searching, this appears to be related to the damsel being vulnerable to attacks while exiting.
(apologies if this has been reported before, couldn't find it though)
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »

That tile should be indestructible outside of the last level. Are you talking about user levels or mods? In Olmec's level it respawns as well.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
minmay
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »

It respawns, but there's nothing stopping you from shoving a damsel in there before it does.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »

Except for the fact that there are never, ever Damsels on the final stage.  Ever.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
smokcheez
Mossbaby

Oh snap.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 06:20:03 AM »

Exactly. How does minmay know of this, I ask?

Get a life or die trying!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »

Exactly. How does minmay know of this, I ask?
Mods + custom levels.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
minmay
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:03:22 AM »

It doesn't require a mod. It's just something extremely rare - maybe impossible - outside of custom levels.

My report, confessedly, was inaccurate; you're most likely to see it by placing an exit in the air using the editor.  I just wasn't really thinking when I submitted this, I guess.  Tongue
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 09:53:09 AM »

It doesn't require a mod. It's just something extremely rare - maybe impossible - outside of custom levels.

My report, confessedly, was inaccurate; you're most likely to see it by placing an exit in the air using the editor.  I just wasn't really thinking when I submitted this, I guess.  Tongue
Well yeah, I said mods or custom levels...

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
minmay
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »

You said mods + custom levels.

2 + 2 isn't equal to 2 or 2.

An easy enough mistake, though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: