Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Tastes Like Spelunky and Source  (Read 175607 times)
vulture527
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 07:14:22 AM »

Some shopkeeper errors:

While they "flop around" after knocking them out they are still "affected" by stuff like whips... which would be ok except a "whip" doesn't affect them which causes them to get immediately up...

Also if you shoot one and they are "flopping" and then you reenter their "range of activated" in their shop they immediately get up and shoot you.

basically ... they just pass through critically needed stun-time with these errors
DungeonPheonix
Bean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 01:13:22 PM »

More a heads-up than anything, but McAfee identified the TLS config as a trojan.

I really should get rid of this thing, given its propensity for false positives and massive resource hogging. They actually put out a virus ID which shut down thousands of XP PCs because it identified a core system program as a virus.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »

So I notice that I can't "rescue" damsels anymore...
And apparently shopkeeps just don't like dying.
Er...what?  You can still take Damsels to the exits to 'save' them.  And shopkeepers are no easier or harder to kill than they ever were.  So...what's all that about?

Some shopkeeper errors:

While they "flop around" after knocking them out they are still "affected" by stuff like whips... which would be ok except a "whip" doesn't affect them which causes them to get immediately up...

Also if you shoot one and they are "flopping" and then you reenter their "range of activated" in their shop they immediately get up and shoot you.

basically ... they just pass through critically needed stun-time with these errors
Hmm, that's weird.  I guess we never noticed it before since normal Spelunky shopkeepers have a stun time of .3 seconds.  It's not a big enough problem for me to want to fix.  Besides, you should be careful robbing shops anyway!

More a heads-up than anything, but McAfee identified the TLS config as a trojan.
I have no clue how to even begin to think about considering fixing that.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

Then I have some bugs to report:

EDIT: Damsel works fine now, perhaps the bug was caused by the bullet?

Damsel didn't seem to want to go into the exit (either by me carrying her, or her walking in on her own accord), or die for that matter. After falling once or twice, getting SHOT with a bullet, and jumped on at least 2 more times, she STILL wouldn't die.
When knocked out, she didn't show the stars animation, just looked dead until she got up and started running.

Shopkeep took at least 1 and a half shotgun blasts to the face, but still wouldn't die.

This was all on my first run, perhaps it'll clear up if I play again.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:41:55 PM by Kegluneq » Logged

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 09:32:11 AM »

Seriously?  In this, the latest version?  Because I could've sworn I fixed that dead Damsel glitch.  I'm also surprised to hear about this shopkeeper thing.  I'll have to...investigate...

EDIT: I've now seen the shopkeeper glitch.  If you shoot him while he's stunned (as in lying perfectly still with the star over his head), then he won't die from a shotgun blast.  He still takes damage, but not as much for some reason.

I haven't seen the zombie Damsel resurface, though.  Was she shot with the Pistol?

UPDATED!  I fixed the issues with bullets not killing shopkeepers, whips un-stunning shopkeepers, and zombie Damsels (I hope).

smokcheez
Mossbaby

Oh snap.

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »

Well, so much for this being the "final" version. The .zip file has nothing in it, according to my computer...

Get a life or die trying!
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 05:03:10 PM »

wait wait... when where there zombie Damsels?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »

Well, so much for this being the "final" version. The .zip file has nothing in it, according to my computer...
Wait, wait what?!  Were there still files in it, though?  I checked the uploads on MediaFire, and none of them are 0 kBs.  And would you rather I left this the final version with crappy bugs like Derek did with Spelunky 1.1?

wait wait... when where there zombie Damsels?
It was a glitch I never mentioned.  For some reason, the Damsel's stun counter would cause her to wake up when it ran out even though she was supposed to be dead.  Weird little thing, that.

Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »

If you're still wondering,
She was shot by the shopkeep's shotgun.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:09 PM »

If you're still wondering,
She was shot by the shopkeep's shotgun.
Okay.  Well, looking at the bullet object, it doesn't seem to matter who fired it (except in my mod where I made a distinction for when you're shot by Spelunker).  It doesn't really matter anymore.  I took out the code that sets the Damsel's stun timer when she's shot, because a single bullet wipes out her hp anyway.

Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »

I was going to say "no that's not right" until I remembered that Damsels take half damage from everything that's NOT a bullet. Tongue

Patrick
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 03:05:44 AM »

I was going to say "no that's not right" until I remembered that Damsels take half damage from everything that's NOT a bullet. Tongue
Machete.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »

Really, that's news to me.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »

Upon closer inspection, she does, in fact, take normal damage from the machete.  I guess you're supposed to have the common sense not to stab/shoot her yourself.  No matter, though.  Corpses are still delicious in this mod.  Shocked

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 10:38:43 AM »

I would just like to take the time to thank you for this mod!

It's epic!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: