Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Tastes Like Spelunky and Source  (Read 251565 times)
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #210 on: September 03, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »

It'd be easy to do, but it's:

1. stupid
2. pointless

I don't know why you guys feel the need to eat rocks, but it's something I never ever plan to implement eversostopaskingever.
Would you upload it as a new verson if I made it for you?

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »

NO.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:52 AM »

It'd be easy to do, but it's:

1. stupid
2. pointless

I don't know why you guys feel the need to eat rocks, but it's something I never ever plan to implement eversostopaskingever.

It would amuse us is all.

Then again you could have it, once eaten, be able to be spat out as a high power one use move

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »

NO.

marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:35 PM »

It's funny. It was the frist thing I thought of eating when I frist thought of this mod.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
MMM103
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

I just came up with an item- A jar of something (lemonade?) that restores 4 bites.
Also, are there any Mantrap-owned shops, because I haven't seen any. Basically shops that you can actually buy from. Those would be nice. Also, the Mantrap should be able to eat flares- to kinda glow in the dark. It would have to take up, maybe the active slot (jetpack/cape,climbing gloves/etc.), so you would have incentive to just tough it out. Or maybe the weapon slot, but shotguns can be somewhat rare.
ipwnu1337
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2010, 02:49:45 PM »

All the things you listed are already there, the lemonade you mentioned it redundant, and frankly, too powerful.  You're basically giving the persion 4 extra hp with that.

Mantrap shops are lone mantraps wandering around from zone 2 and afterwards.

To glow in the dark, eat a lamp, or a red lamp.  The lamp takes up a misc. slot, and the red lamp is a weapon.

Also, welcome to the forums!
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »

Thanks for trying the mod!  Believe it or not, most of the things you suggested are already covered.

You can find Fresh Water from crates, but they only restore two Bites.  Since they have more specific uses than bud bombs and vines, I decided to make them a little harder to come by.

When you get to the deeper caves (level 5 and lower) you'll come across hungry ManTraps that you can trade food to for items.  You can never buy stuff in a normal shop.

Finally, you can eat Lamps to light up dark levels, but you have to dislodge it from the wall with an explosion first.  Red Lamps work, too...

EDIT: And as I was typing it, ipwnu was too.

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »

Im surprised they didnt ask about eating rocks in their post

tehe

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
amano_ginji
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2010, 01:08:51 PM »

Apart from stating how awesome "Tastes Like Spelunky" is (I really find it unnecessary to repeat a known fact at this point  Cheesy ) I would like to second the suggestions of Baekara about the Tab menu, but mostly I am troubled that the boss tiles are still breakable. I know Baekara noted it, and halibabica knows about it, I just decided to make a reminder, since the version has been updates since then, and it is still an issue (specifically with bud bombs Tongue ).
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2010, 02:45:37 PM »

Ah, yes, thank you for reminding me.  I've kinda been waiting to hear from Tyrannical Overlord C, since there were some things he was planning to change in the mod.  But he's taking forever, so I might just fix what I wanted to and update.

But there are, like, 10 other things on my plate right now, so you'll have to patient with me! Shocked

Starbound2
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »

Hiya, halibabica! Aside from the obvious thing (TLS is a super awesome mod), if I may make a minor, aesthetic request?

...alright, here goes nothing.

I was thinking that for the Kali altar, maybe you could replace the head in her left hands with a fork, and the altar to look more like a serving plate or a frying pan or something of that sort? That way, it seems like sacrificing people to Kali would be like offering her a meal, which I think fits with the whole eating theme.
amano_ginji
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

Ha-ha, just found a "questionable behavior" event.
If you die in a manner, that disintegrates your body, but there are monkeys around they will start to violate you, ignoring the grave-robber's moral code, throwing bombs and ropes, despite the fact you don't exist in this world no more. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bwaha-h-ah-a-h-ah-a-ha-h-ah-a!
I know the issue with removing the "body" object, once the player is dead, I am just pointing it out, because it is hilarious! Cheesy
eguee
Mosskid

HYAAAAH!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »

Poop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbRj3RCyFM
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »

Hahahahahaha!  Gotta give Ghost Chef a little more clearance than that! Grin

My current record is 1:17.  Though yours would've been 1:06 if you'd pulled it off...of course, it's partially luck, too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:43:31 PM by halibabica » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: