The Mossmouth Forums

Games => Spelunky Classic => Topic started by: ipwnu1337 on February 07, 2010, 08:34:30 PM



Title: A Spelunky Adventure - On an indefinite haitus.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 07, 2010, 08:34:30 PM
Removed because otherwise some assholes will be stealing my stuff.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 07, 2010, 08:58:28 PM
I still don't really get this...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 07, 2010, 09:20:09 PM
Okay, then, I'll attempt to explain it it:

It's just like a text adventure, but it's more rpgish and rougelikeish, and you have to make a character.
You copy & paste the template and put whatever you want in it.  You could be a giant yeti beserker, I don't care.  You can set your own objective, but don't make it too easy, because it won't be fun, and don't make it too hard, because it would be impossible.  It's basically a choose-your-own destiny thing with me being the narrator.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 07, 2010, 11:21:03 PM
Name given: "Bane" real name: Kryle
Race: Vampire
Class: Hunter
Objective: Give 1000 bodys to an alter
Starting equipment : Kappa, jetback(bat form) flare
Stats
Physique (How strong you are) :4
Perspicacity (How smart you are) :2
Pulchritude (How other people react to you):4


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: Kegluneq on February 08, 2010, 01:42:12 PM
Sounds interesting. It probably should of been in the discuss forum though.
MGG! That doesn't add up to 10!

Name : Guy
Race (more like species): Human
Class: Tunnel Man
Objective: Dig a shortcut to Kali's room (Level 16)
Starting equipment : Mattock, Bombs, Bomb Paste
Physique (How strong you are) : 3
Perspicacity (How smart you are) : 3
Pulchritude (How other people react to you): 4


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 03:23:54 PM
Okay, MMG is up first!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure1-1.png)
Welcome to this cave.  An altar is here at the entrance.  The exit is behind you.  There are stairs ahead.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 08, 2010, 03:31:10 PM
>go up the stars.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 03:37:09 PM
You walk up the stairs, and nearly fall off on to the thin ice below.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure2.png)

If you have any questions, please ask me.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 03:53:08 PM
oh, this is what you meant!  Now I get it!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 08, 2010, 04:02:34 PM
>check what I have.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 04:04:08 PM
You have your flare and your kapala.  The flare radiates a bright glow, so you keep it in a black box so it doesn't burn you (You ARE a vampire after all).

You can also turn into a bat.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 04:05:10 PM
he can fly right?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 04:06:28 PM
Correct.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 08, 2010, 04:07:26 PM
>fly over pit


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 04:10:00 PM
No, MGG, run over the ice!  What if the pit is too long and you fall and break it and die?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 08, 2010, 04:12:43 PM
>fly over pit stoping to rest while runing, and fly low.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 04:18:13 PM
That's even better, and am I allowed to make comments like this?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure3.png)
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure4.png)
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure5.png)
Huh.

By the way, i just made the action  for "fly over the pit".  Not like it would matter what you said anyway.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 08, 2010, 04:25:05 PM
>break hole in ice, look down


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 04:27:57 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure6.png)
OW OW OW YOUR HAND REALLY HURTS


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 05:04:37 PM
MGG, how about stand on ice till it melts?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: Egan on February 08, 2010, 08:12:47 PM
can we have more than 1 character at the same time?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 08, 2010, 08:35:37 PM
Lets stand on the ice for a bit see if anything happens.

also drink own blood.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: TailorTF on February 08, 2010, 08:40:50 PM
Name : Tailor (I'm original!)
Race : Human
Class : Spelunker
Objective : Discover what lies at the deepest depths of the Collosal Cave
Starting equipment :
Bomb
Whip
Pistol
Stats :
Physique : 4
Perspicacity : 3
Pulchritude : 3

Just putting it in now to be the next guy.I really like the idea.
P.S. (Can you make him blue colored?I like blue...)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: Egan on February 08, 2010, 08:43:25 PM
I wanted to be next!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: TailorTF on February 08, 2010, 08:44:33 PM
Oops.Sorry.I can change places with you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 08:55:19 PM
Ipwn never answered the question... and MGG's still up


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: flarex23 on February 08, 2010, 09:15:49 PM
I would also like to join, but I will wait


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 09:43:42 PM
Note, THERE IS NO QUEUE FOR WAITING, IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Okay, just sayin'.

Next update will be tommorow at best.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: flarex23 on February 08, 2010, 09:54:12 PM
SO I just give you the info right now?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: TailorTF on February 08, 2010, 09:59:49 PM
Note, THERE IS NO QUEUE FOR WAITING, IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Okay, just sayin'.

Next update will be tommorow at best.
Okay.Then I shall wait.Then I shall wait.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 08, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
Only one person plays at a time

Remember, it's first-come-first-serve!

Just putting it out there since nobody ever reads the first post.

Give me the info after the current player dies and I'm starting a new round.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: gummybears123 on February 08, 2010, 10:16:23 PM
So first come first serve AFTER the current player dies?  Got it!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: Kegluneq on February 08, 2010, 11:28:41 PM
Too bad, it would have been fun to have multiple adventurers meet and interact.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 09, 2010, 03:13:56 PM
Lets stand on the ice for a bit see if anything happens.

also drink own blood.

You suck on your own hand.  Sadly, it doesn't do too much for you.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure7.png)

You stand on the ice.  Nothing seems to happen.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure8.png)

OH SNAP.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure9.png)

Wait, what?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 09, 2010, 05:50:43 PM
Go down stars slowly.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 09, 2010, 08:52:55 PM
Go down stars slowly.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure10.png)

You walk down and see ... an auction?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: Kegluneq on February 09, 2010, 09:05:14 PM
All I see is people ripe for the killing.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: TailorTF on February 09, 2010, 09:10:34 PM
All I see is a gigantic golden idol that can be used in lots of useful purposes,like a pushblock or something.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 09, 2010, 09:42:10 PM
Flip hang drop down fall and nearest ones head throw him at the rest, and keep jumping on there heads tell they die, makeing sure to drink lots of blood as I fly.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 09, 2010, 10:15:19 PM
Flip hang drop down fall and nearest ones head throw him at the rest, and keep jumping on there heads tell they die, makeing sure to drink lots of blood as I fly.

Protip:  You are not superman.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure11.png)

Jump Time!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure12.png)

Oh, crap

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure13.png)

Oh dear

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure14.png)

WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK squish

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure15.png)

Smooth move, Colonel Klutz.

MGG has fallen.  Anyone who wishes to join may do so.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up open
Post by: TailorTF on February 09, 2010, 10:18:24 PM
Name : Tailor (I'm original!)
Race : Human
Class : Spelunker
Objective : Discover what lies at the deepest depths of the Collosal Cave
Starting equipment :
Bomb
Whip
Pistol
Stats :
Physique : 4
Perspicacity : 3
Pulchritude : 3

P.S. (Can you make him blue colored?I like blue...)
Yay!I'm next!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up open
Post by: Kirby on February 09, 2010, 10:19:08 PM
Name: Kirby Lord
Race: Yeti
Class: Yeti!
Objective: Exploration and possibly Yeti tennis!
Starting equipment: Pitcher's Mitt, Spikeshoes, and cape.
Stats:
Physique: 5
Perspicacity: 2
Pulchritude: 3
If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.

EDIT: Dangit!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 09, 2010, 10:24:50 PM
It's cool.I can change places with you.No problem.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 09, 2010, 10:25:20 PM
Okay, TailorTF is up!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure16.png)

If you're wondering, the spelunker recolor is through colorization.  Because I'm lazy.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 09, 2010, 10:26:59 PM
Proceed to the left with caution.I do not plan to die...not yet...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 09, 2010, 10:29:01 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure17.png)
You don't see anything special.  There's ice down there.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 09, 2010, 10:30:04 PM
Quickly run over the ice JUMPING any or all pits that might be there.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 09, 2010, 10:40:25 PM
I call this death really cheap, as I had 4 Physique and should of been easyly able to handle them.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 09, 2010, 11:05:56 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure18.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure19.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure20.png)

[RANT THAT I MADE AGAINST MMG BUT ACCIDENTALLY DELETED AND CANNOT GET BACK]


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 09, 2010, 11:13:30 PM
First of all,you forgot to recolor me.
Second,well,it would seem I am still alive,so:"Ow...How much you wanna bet there'll be plenty of that,huh Tailor?Well,no sense talking to myself."I fliphang on the right ledge to look at what's ahead.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: Audioworm on February 10, 2010, 10:39:21 AM
Wait, I CAN'T JOIN ANYMORE!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: gummybears123 on February 10, 2010, 10:42:32 AM
What's up with the title...Is it just saying we can't play until tailor dies?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 11:32:49 AM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure21.png)

That can't be good.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 01:31:50 PM
Ugh...
>Attempt to bomb through the floor.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 01:45:35 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure22.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure23.png)

You throw a bomb at the floor.

You uncover a secret entrance.  Somehow.

Also, you are losing your grip on the ice...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 01:50:41 PM
>Drop down.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 02:12:26 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure24.png)

OH SHI-

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure25.png)

NONONONONONNONONONONONONONONONONONONO

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure26.png)

OOF!

You're alive.  Just barely.  There's a store ahead of you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 02:15:39 PM
>Ask shopkeeper what wares he has in store.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 02:20:07 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure27.png)

He says that he can offer food, water, and lodging.  He says that this place is basically an inn.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 02:22:55 PM
Okay
>"I would like to rest at said inn"
You...are going to kill me in my sleep,aren't you?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 02:28:32 PM
The shopkeeper says: That'll be 15 gold.  Do you have any money?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 02:30:42 PM
>"Err..."
>Check if I have enough.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 02:54:45 PM
You have no money in your pocket.  Not one coin.  You never thought that people would set a up a shop here, anyway.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 02:55:57 PM
>"Sorry.Hey,can I pass through your inn?I kinda need to do that to even get anywhere from here..."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 10:09:52 PM
He says: "There's nothing back there except two rooms and a coffee table."  If you want to leave, the only entrance and exit was the one you just passed through."
He sighs.
"I've been stuck here for ten years, and lived on the supplies of stupid adventurers who thought they found a secret passage.
You're the first one who survived the fall, though.
You know what, if you help me get out of here, i'll give you all the money and stuff I've gathered over the years.  Having a shop in the secret passage of a cave sucks.  You have no idea.  Last time I actually did something exciting was when I auctioned off a giant gold tiki head to a bunch of cavemen.  Then a vampire came down and we beat the crap out of him and sacrificed him.  Ahh, those were the days."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 10, 2010, 10:29:24 PM
>"Right.Did those adenturers happen to have any ropes?We could get up that way."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 10, 2010, 11:56:45 PM
He says: "Sure, they had ropes, but we have no way of affixing them to the walls.  It won't work, I tell you.  I've tried it before."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 11, 2010, 12:23:08 AM
>"Um...The spikes look sturdy enough to fix the rope on.Or we could try and tie the ropes together."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 11, 2010, 12:34:25 AM
He scoffs:"And how do you suppose we will be able to throw that rope that far?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up not open anymore
Post by: TailorTF on February 11, 2010, 12:36:17 AM
>"Well,you can throw pretty high.How about you throw me,and I throw the rope?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 12, 2010, 07:45:49 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure28.png)

He throws you.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure29.png)

Oof. Oh dear, I'm dead.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure30.png)

*drag*

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure31.png)

*drag*

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure32.png)

Into the pit you go!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure33.png)

Falling...

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure34.png)

Not a good end.



Sign up is open again! First-come first serve, please do not sign up if you have already played, thank you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: Audioworm on February 12, 2010, 08:03:07 PM
Name (Put the name of your character here): Tony
Race (Keep it spelunky related!): Human
Class (If human, state what type you are, ie caveman, shopkeeper, etc): Shopkeeper
Objective (What you want to accomplish): Rip off enough spelunkers in his shop to retire
Starting equipment (Pick 3): Jordans(the high jump), shotgun, pitcher's mitt(the super throw)
Stats (Allocate 10 points into the following categories, you must have at least 1 in each stat):
Physique (How strong you are) : 5
Perspicacity (How smart you are) : 2
Pulchritude (How other people react to you): 3

SWEET! I finally get to play!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 12, 2010, 08:29:50 PM
Name given: "Bane" real name: Steve
Race: Vampire
Class: Hunter
Objective: get revenge for dead brother.
Starting equipment : Kappa, jetback(bat form) Bomb
Stats
Physique (How strong you are) :6
Perspicacity (How smart you are) :1
Pulchritude (How other people react to you):3


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: Audioworm on February 12, 2010, 08:31:12 PM
Sign up is open again! First-come first serve, please do not sign up if you have already played, thank you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 12, 2010, 08:32:39 PM
Oh... um.. runs away


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: Audioworm on February 12, 2010, 08:33:31 PM
That's better. :D

Also, if it weren't for that rule I'd be extremely mad at you for taking my place.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: gummybears123 on February 12, 2010, 09:03:05 PM
Even if he WAS allowed to play again, you got there first didn't you?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 12, 2010, 09:38:15 PM
That's better. :D

Also, if it weren't for that rule I'd be extremely mad at you for taking my place.
I was trying to take you place, just go after you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: flarex23 on February 12, 2010, 09:56:34 PM
Ugh... I wanna join but I'm barely on.... but I'll be on more on the weekends...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is open again!
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 12, 2010, 10:15:48 PM
THERE IS NO QUEUE FOR WAITING, IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Patience is a virtue.  For you, not me.

First pic will be up in like 15 mins or so.

[EDIT] Then again, I lied.  Updatiness will be tommorow.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed!
Post by: Audioworm on February 13, 2010, 12:26:21 PM
If you don't mean Saturday...
 :spl-shop:


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed!
Post by: gummybears123 on February 13, 2010, 01:33:43 PM
He probably will do it today, he has a lot of time

And since its break, I bet he's gonna update quite a lot


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed!
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 13, 2010, 02:35:20 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure35.png)

First, in order to scam spelunkers off their money, you need to have a shop first, eh?

You descend from the rope, and delve into the cave networks, hoping either to get enough money to retire, or to set up a store and scam spelunkers off their money so you can reture.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed!
Post by: Audioworm on February 14, 2010, 09:00:30 AM
Approach the stairs with caution, ready to grab your shotgun if you meet any enemies


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed!
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 14, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure36.png)

There's nothing here.  You hear a loud noise ahead that sounds like crashing.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: Audioworm on February 15, 2010, 02:42:49 PM
Ask, "Who's there!?" and be ready to draw your shotgun


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 15, 2010, 03:32:32 PM
You shout: "Who's there?".  There is no answer.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: Audioworm on February 15, 2010, 06:13:20 PM
Cautiously move forward, hand on shotgun.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 15, 2010, 06:22:26 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure37.png)

You see a hastiy made barrier and fresh footprints.
There's nothing here.  You hear a loud noise ahead that sounds like crashing.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: marsgreekgod on February 15, 2010, 06:23:40 PM
the image or video has been moved or deleted.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 15, 2010, 06:31:09 PM
gah, my internet connection conked out for a few seconds while I uploaded the picture.

It'll be up in a sec.
EDIT:  Okay, it's up.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure
Post by: Egan on February 15, 2010, 08:43:46 PM
can we have more than 1 character at the same time?
so, can we?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Sign-up is closed! Obituary & Hall of fame in first post.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 15, 2010, 09:26:25 PM
Only one person plays at a time  

I love it how EVERYONE reads the first post.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Egan on February 16, 2010, 08:42:08 AM
I ment if ONE PERSON can have more than one CHARACTER.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 16, 2010, 10:53:01 AM
1 ) ONE PLAYER AT A TIME - BY CONNECTION, ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER PLAYER AT A TIME.
:spl-shop: Sorry, but we're gonna have to break your legs now.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Egan on February 16, 2010, 11:30:03 AM
1 ) ONE PLAYER AT A TIME - BY CONNECTION, ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER PLAYER AT A TIME.
:spl-shop: Sorry, but we're gonna have to break your legs now.
:spl-batf: you first.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 16, 2010, 06:20:22 PM
Attempt to climb over the barrier.
If you make it over, proceed forward.
If you don't, ask, "Anyone there!?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 16, 2010, 06:43:23 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure38.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure39.png)

You look forward and all you see is darkness.  Nothing else.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 16, 2010, 07:00:03 PM
Put the shotgun away and attempt to climb down, being careful not to slip.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 16, 2010, 07:07:31 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure40.png)

As you climb down you notice a floor.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 16, 2010, 09:16:05 PM
Fliphang down and continue on with caution, asking if anyone is there.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 16, 2010, 09:40:30 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure41.png)

You see a pair of menacing red eyes.  It's advancing towards you.

You decide it is best to not speak.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 17, 2010, 10:51:37 AM
Fire your shotgun, using the blast to brighten the room.
If it doesn't stop the eyes, RUN AWAY!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 17, 2010, 07:20:41 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure42.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure43.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure44.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure45.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure46.png)

Well, that isn't good.
You have no choice but to fight.
You hear monster with the red eyes preparing to pounce.

Would you like to:
1) Attack
2) Parry & Riposte
3) Dodge

You can make other choices, I'm just laying out some right now.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 17, 2010, 09:04:07 PM
Dang, that shopkeep sucks at aiming.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 17, 2010, 10:11:31 PM
Shotgun blast doesnt light  up room?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 18, 2010, 11:00:33 AM
Wait for the monster to lunge at you, then fire your shotgun point blank in its' face.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 11:50:33 AM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure47.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure48.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure49.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure50.png)

You've been hurt!  There are no claw marks, it feels as if the monster just blugeoned you with its own body.  Wierd.  It felt like silly putty...

And it looks like the monster was unaffected by the shotgun bullets.  Either that, or was affected but you don't know, or dodged the bullets.  Or the bullets went through it.  It's your interpretation.

The monster prepares to pounce again.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 18, 2010, 03:23:12 PM
Run away firing at the monster repeatedly.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 03:42:40 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure51.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure52.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure53.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure54.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure55.png)

You're sure you hit the monster this time with your shells, but it had no noticeable effect!

Also, you're out of ammo.  Crap, eh?  You really should have stocked more than 18 bullets.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 18, 2010, 03:53:42 PM
Oh, is that really fair?  You didn't say anything about an ammo limit at the start, and the shotguns in-game never run out.  And while I am aware that this is not supposed to be like the actual game, I'm just saying if you're going to run counter to our Spelunky-related assumptions, you should at least warn us first.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 18, 2010, 04:03:56 PM
I don't think that is fair either but Ipwnu never said  this was fair...

He's the GOD of this topic....


I advise you RUN


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 04:50:55 PM
Oh, is that really fair?  You didn't say anything about an ammo limit at the start, and the shotguns in-game never run out.  And while I am aware that this is not supposed to be like the actual game, I'm just saying if you're going to run counter to our Spelunky-related assumptions, you should at least warn us first.

Okay, then.

Warning:  Object may be more dangerous than it appears.
Warning:  User may be less intelligent than they appear.
Warning:  Read the first post or else you will get kneecapped.
Warning:  This is completely fair, I use a Random Number Generator to determine the events that happen.  Capice?
Warning:  Never assume anything, if you do not know something, just ASK ME, dammit.
Warning:  Standing near an explosion may cause instant death.

DONT SMOKE, PEOPLE, IT KILLS!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Dudemaster on February 18, 2010, 04:53:58 PM
>!!!FUCKING RUN!!!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 04:55:17 PM
Only one person plays at a time, but when that person dies or completes his objective, another person can go.

Not your turn.
You might be able to go next, if you're quick enough and you actually read the first post and all the rules.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 18, 2010, 06:42:16 PM
Wait for the monster to come close and melee it with the shotgun.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 07:10:51 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure56.png)

You bash at it with your shotgun, and it gets stuck and you can't pull it out.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure57.png)

The monster keels over.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure58.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure59.png)

Upon close examination, you find out that the monster is a silly putty elemental.  It's several tons of silly putty right there.  You also see six bullets embedded in its front side.  None of them penetrated the silly putty, but somehow, your shotgun butt went right through it.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 18, 2010, 07:21:17 PM
Emit a sigh of relief, take your shotgun out of the elemental, and continue forward.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 18, 2010, 08:05:15 PM
Wait, then how did it follow you and attack you?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 08:21:54 PM
It rolls.

Update will be up in a minute or two.

Edit:

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure60.png)

You withdraw your shotgun.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure61.png)

You advance and see nothing but a wall.  And darkness above, the ceiling is probably too high up to see.

Closely examine the picture and you might find your way.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 18, 2010, 08:30:10 PM
Bash the two :( blocks with the shotgun.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 18, 2010, 09:16:43 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure62.png)

You bash them and move on. You seem to have found a "secret" passageway.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 19, 2010, 08:35:55 AM
This is a method done by Egan, posting for copy-paste for easy sign-up. It be great, eh?

NOTE: Just to make sure of things, anything in parentheses is NOT intended to be included in the actual game; and are therefore mere comments.

Name: Newguy (I do this more and more, eh?)
Race: Mantrap (Preferably something like the mantrap from halibabica's Mantrap Mod, except has the ability to EAT THINGS)
Class (Not sure what to do with this): Carnivorous plant? That can... jump, whip, basically pretty animate for a plant.
Objective: Get all humanoids to worship me (or enough humanoids to kill the non-worshipers)
Starting Equipment (3): Set of Vines (also works as whip as well as rope); Jetpack; Set of Bombs

Stats
Physique (Strength): 3
Perspicacity (Smarts): 2
Pulchritude (...Pulchritude!): 5 (I may need this.)

Hidden message:  If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.

Hidden message above. Like, *points 2-3 lines above*.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 19, 2010, 09:13:47 AM
*KNEECAPS SUDONIMUS*

audioworm333's not dead yet!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 19, 2010, 10:24:32 AM
Shut up or I'll rip you a new one, whether or not you like the old one, anyway.

Remember:  You get modkilled after 24 hours of inactivity now.  Just sayin'.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 19, 2010, 11:03:12 AM
I think I made a note somewhere on that post... oh right!
This is a method done by Egan, posting for copy-paste for easy sign-up. It be great, eh?
*Clears throat*. No queue. I remember. And my kneecaps are fragile, so...
*Runs away*


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 19, 2010, 11:09:34 AM
Shut up or I'll rip you a new one, whether or not you like the old one, anyway.
I could use a new one!  My old one's just about had it!  ;D

I think I made a note somewhere on that post... oh right!
This is a method done by Egan, posting for copy-paste for easy sign-up. It be great, eh?
You could also just save your post in a text document on your computer instead of pre-posting it in the thread, but whatev.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 19, 2010, 12:39:01 PM
Then, after I found out that a player died, I would have to find some folder on my computer and pull out some text document that's probably hidden in some other folder in that folder, or I would have to pull up my flash drive and go for like 4 folders to get a text document that would be pointless because someone else had already signed up. And life now stinks.

Normally I would space this out more, but a big block is better for dramatic effect.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 19, 2010, 12:57:28 PM
Or you could keep the text document on your Desktop/wherever it's easily accessible.  Really, is it THAT big of a deal?  I don't want to derail the topic any further, so I'm just gonna leave it at this.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 19, 2010, 01:18:33 PM
I don't wanna derail either.
But I'm too lazy anyway. OKAY? Yeah, thanks, okay. Okay, OKAY! Sorry.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 19, 2010, 04:09:15 PM
Put the shotgun away and proceed forward, listening carefully and trying not to be overconfident.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 20, 2010, 11:29:15 AM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure63.png)

You see a door, nothing more, nothing less.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 20, 2010, 12:55:37 PM
Peek inside, then go in if there's nothing dangerous there.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 20, 2010, 03:00:25 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure64.png)

Stairs.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 20, 2010, 03:05:32 PM
Whoo hoo!
ipwnu, are you going to use these blocks for a mod?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 20, 2010, 03:43:13 PM
Climb upstairs, muttering something about "being too lazy to set up a shop".


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 21, 2010, 01:38:12 PM
Whoo hoo!
ipwnu, are you going to use these blocks for a mod?

Nice idea!  I think you should!  And the sad face ones should be breakable


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 21, 2010, 02:42:40 PM
Hmmm.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 22, 2010, 03:34:26 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure65.png)

You see a monkey and a dead guy.  It looks like the guy was trying to clear some rocks, but with a bad swing, brought a whole bunch of blocks down upon himself.  The monkey is probably his pet, since it has a name tag on it.  The name tag says:  Bobo.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 22, 2010, 03:50:32 PM
Say, "Run along, little Monkey" and search the guy's body.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 22, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
You see a mattock but it is stuck with the guy's corpse.  As in, it's under the block, too.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kegluneq on February 22, 2010, 09:57:34 PM
Dead TM = A reference to the character I wanted to make?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 23, 2010, 02:22:02 PM
Eh?  You wanted to make a character?

I don't keep track of that stuff.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kegluneq on February 23, 2010, 04:22:59 PM
Lol. See: First page.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 23, 2010, 06:34:41 PM
"I'm not foolish enough to try to yank it out and risk having the whole place collapse on me!"

Jump on the block and look up to see if you can climb up.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 23, 2010, 09:38:16 PM
Hmmm.

Please just stop posting stuff like this...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 24, 2010, 11:36:47 AM
"I'm not foolish enough to try to yank it out and risk having the whole place collapse on me!"

Jump on the block and look up to see if you can climb up.

It's too high to scale the blockade.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 24, 2010, 01:12:58 PM
"Well, seeing as I have no choice..."

Try to yank the mattock out from under the block.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 24, 2010, 02:29:42 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure66.png)

You yank it out from under the block.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 24, 2010, 02:56:52 PM
"Whew. That could've been a disaster..."
Destroy the two blocks in front of you for no real reason.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 24, 2010, 03:45:03 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure67.png)

Whooo.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 24, 2010, 03:56:34 PM
That looked fairly easy. And the monkey went away.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 24, 2010, 04:29:13 PM
Destroy the rock the dead man is trapped under.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 24, 2010, 04:29:52 PM
You see a rather sad mess.
Not pictured.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 24, 2010, 04:42:31 PM
(Lemme guess...the mattock broke.)

Wait for a while and see what happens.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 24, 2010, 04:43:31 PM
No, I mean you break the rock and see what's left of the dead guy.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 25, 2010, 12:25:06 PM
See if the monkey is still there.

If it is:
Talk to it.
If it isn't:
Go back down the stairs and through the doorway and find another way.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 25, 2010, 02:15:42 PM
You try to strike up a conversation with the monkey but monkey's can't talk.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 25, 2010, 05:03:28 PM
Go back down the stairs and through the doorway and find another way.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 25, 2010, 05:05:03 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure63.png)

You're back here.



Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 25, 2010, 06:16:44 PM
Oh my god.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 25, 2010, 06:21:16 PM
I would like to kindly implore you pleasant forumgoers to kindly not post if you are not the one playing The Game as of now.

If you do not comply with said statement, I will be forced to take a stick and brutally bash your knees until they break.  Thank you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 25, 2010, 07:45:01 PM
I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY
That's for the mess ups I already did and the one I'm doing now and the one I may do later.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 25, 2010, 08:03:02 PM
Destroy the two :P blocks in front of you with the mattock from earlier.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 25, 2010, 08:07:33 PM
The mattock merely tinks on the rock and does not break it.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 25, 2010, 08:09:57 PM
"Oh forget it. I'll just sell the mattock later."

Go back to the rope you entered this place with, climb up, and go home.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 25, 2010, 08:15:26 PM
This is a method done by Egan, posting for copy-paste for easy sign-up. It be great, eh?

NOTE: Just to make sure of things, anything in parentheses is NOT intended to be included in the actual game; and are therefore mere comments.

Name: Newguy (I do this more and more, eh?)
Race: Mantrap (Preferably something like the mantrap from halibabica's Mantrap Mod, except has the ability to EAT THINGS)
Class (Not sure what to do with this): Carnivorous plant? That can... jump, whip, basically pretty animate for a plant.
Objective: Get all humanoids to worship me (or enough humanoids to kill the non-worshipers)
Starting Equipment (3): Set of Vines (also works as whip as well as rope); Jetpack; Set of Bombs

Stats
Physique (Strength): 3
Perspicacity (Smarts): 2
Pulchritude (...Pulchritude!): 5 (I may need this.)

Hidden message:  If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.

Hidden message above. Like, *points 2-3 lines above*.

Once this thing opens.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 25, 2010, 08:16:34 PM
Are you sure you want to leave the cave?  Once you leave, you can't return. [Y/N]


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 25, 2010, 08:19:07 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OM GOM GOM


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 25, 2010, 08:23:25 PM
Think about it for a while...
"Nah."
Go back to the dead tunnel man and search his body again, this time more carefully.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 25, 2010, 08:26:19 PM
AWW!!!!!
Dangit. Maybe, just maybe next time.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 25, 2010, 08:33:52 PM
You look through the guy's remains and find a piece of paper that's not stained with blood that much.

It reads: 

Note to self:  Remember that happy face blocks are not easily broken.  They are made of too much plotanium.  Skull blocks, however, aren't.  One can break through those like a knife through butter.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: grieck on February 25, 2010, 08:46:45 PM
you started out around skull blocks.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 12:49:49 PM
Take the body back to the altar at the start and sacrifice it, but bring the note along.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 26, 2010, 12:56:48 PM
How much would a Tunnel Man be?  Like 100 Kali Points?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 01:11:17 PM
Hmm, that's a good question... Well I guess ipwnu will reveal that.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 02:00:16 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure68.png)

You drag what's left of the tunnel man to the altar.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure69.png)
You got what looks like a Kali Favor coupon.

You can redeem it anytime to make a wish.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:19:01 PM
...Hah hah.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:36:01 PM
"Hmmm..."

Redeem it, wishing for enough money to retire.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:38:14 PM
YES YES YES YES YES!!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:39:48 PM
You're welcome.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:40:38 PM
Would you say that it's open now? [Y/N]


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:41:16 PM
N. Pwn will say when it is.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:41:48 PM
WHERE ARE YOU IPWNU????


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:42:56 PM
That's what I'm thinking right now...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:44:26 PM
Come soon; I have to leave in like an hour.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 02:46:39 PM
"Hmmm..."

Redeem it, wishing for enough money to retire.

You wish for enough money to retire.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure70.png)

Wow.
How am I going to carry it back?

Didn't think of that, eh?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:47:55 PM
I. HATE. MY LIFE.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:49:25 PM
"Well I'll get back to that later."

Destroy the two skull blocks in front of you with the mattock, remembering the note.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:50:17 PM
What? You mean behind you? Or in front of the altar?
Or the altar?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:50:58 PM
In front of the altar.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 02:51:20 PM
HURRY IPWNU!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 02:52:03 PM
Patience is a virtue. I highly doubt he'll pick you if you spam it up.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 02:52:16 PM
In front of the altar.
When you mean the two skull blocks, do you mean to the right of the altar or the left of the altar.

I. HATE. MY LIFE.

Then stop talking about it and SHUT UP.

Honestly, it is EXTREMELY annoying when you bust into here with pointless posts with large font sizes.  STOP IT.

This is your last warning.  One more violation and you will be barred from this game and any future games I run.  Capice?

I wish I was a moderator so I could hand out official warnings and infractions.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 02:52:52 PM
Granted, please do.
Lol.

EDIT: Alright.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 02:53:54 PM
Kirby Lord, my rules also apply to you.

Keep it down.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:54:14 PM
The left to the altar. Not the stairs.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 02:54:59 PM
Do you mean in the area in which you found the silly putty elemental?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:56:52 PM
*Siiiigh*

I'll post the command again, more clear:

Destroy the blocks next to the rope currently in sight.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 02:58:59 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure71.png)

You break those two blocks.

There's still wall ahead.  You know, there was a reason why you came into here through a rope, y'know?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 02:59:28 PM
Destroy THOSE blocks.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:01:58 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure72.png)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 03:03:13 PM
There are ways to avoid this.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:04:16 PM
"Hey I got an idea!"

Carry one gold bar to the surface at a time, then collect all the money on the surface and go off to retire.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:05:37 PM
From where on the stack would you like to take the gold bars first?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 03:06:14 PM
THIS is pointless.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:06:39 PM
Prioritize the ones on the top until all the money is on the surface, then collect it all and go retire.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:07:00 PM
You can't reach the top.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:09:36 PM
(Umm. I have jordans.)

Go to where you defeated the silly putty elemental.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 03:12:06 PM
This reminds me of a game of Jenga.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:14:20 PM
(Umm. I have jordans.)

Collect the ones in the bottom, being careful not to let the pile collapse on you.

The stack reaches to the ceiling, just because can jump high doesn't mean you can jump all the way to the ceiling =P.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure73.png)

Also, the stack starts teetering.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:14:48 PM
Run away before it collapses.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:19:08 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure74.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure75.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure76.png)

You're safe but trapped.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:20:06 PM
Use the mattock to make a tunnel under the altar and gold, then come up one block away from the altar and take the gold up to the surface one at a time.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 03:22:42 PM
audioworm is smart, I thought he had died.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:24:11 PM
audioworm is smart, I thought he had died.

Why thank you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 03:24:46 PM
I would have mattock'd the stack of gold.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:25:29 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure77.png)

Plot the path you want to make.

(Use paint and edit my pictureto draw a path of your tunneling. Put an arrow through the blocks in the order that you want to dig, then upload it to photobucket or something and post the picture or link.)



Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: Sudonimus
I would have mattock'd the stack of gold.

And waste some of my retirement money?

I'll work on the pic now.

EDIT:
(http://i46.tinypic.com/173bqc.jpg)
The red line is my path.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 03:27:28 PM
Exactly I didn't think that stuff.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 26, 2010, 03:28:56 PM
Now you have to make a stair case....... it would be funny if the mattock broke right now


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:29:16 PM
Sudo.  Did you not read my warning?

STOP SPAMMING THE THREAD.

New rule added:  IF YOU WANT TO HELP SOMEONE, GO AHEAD AND PM THEM ABOUT IT, BUT DO NOT SPAM THE THREAD WITH IT.  THANK YOU.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 03:29:54 PM
I said I would've.
ipwnu calm down.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:30:29 PM
Now you have to make a stair case....... it would be funny if the mattock broke right now

Shut up, you'll jinx it!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 26, 2010, 03:34:23 PM
HAHA ;D

I bet Ipwn's planning on doing that!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:34:48 PM
The rules also apply to you, gummy.

Shut up.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:38:34 PM
What Ipwnu said.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:44:24 PM
The rules apply to you, too.  Diplomats are not immune here.

Anyway, how is the path picture going?

You can just attach it to your post if it makes it simpler.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:45:56 PM
AHEM. I edited the post saying I was gonna work on the picture and posted it. It was already done a few minutes ago. But here it is:

(http://i46.tinypic.com/173bqc.jpg)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:48:14 PM
Well, technically it was a different page.

Anyway, you can't really dig UP with a mattock without severly injuring yourself.  Do you wish to continue? [y/n]


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:53:52 PM
"Hmmm...Forget that."
"Wait..why didn't I think of this before?"

Take the gold and put it behind you until you are able to get out.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:55:53 PM
From where on the stack would you like to take the gold first?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 03:57:31 PM
The top, seeing as I can reach it now.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 03:59:22 PM
The very top brick is partially wedged, so you can't pry it out.

As of now you can attempt to pry out 4 bricks:
1) One on very top
2) One below that
3) One below #2
4) very bottom brick.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:00:28 PM
Let's try the very bottom one.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:01:35 PM
The weight of the other gold is too heavy for you to pry it out.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:08:46 PM
The one below the very top then.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:12:23 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure78.png)

You remove the block and the block above it falls down and clocks you on the head.  Ow.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:17:43 PM
"At least I'm still alive."

Take the one that's just above the very bottom one, then the very top one that you can reach, then the one that was below that.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:19:17 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure79.png)

You think you've cleared enough of the room to get moving.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:20:30 PM
"Yay!"

Go through the opening and take all the money up to the surface, one gold bar at a time.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:35:56 PM
*Drumroll*

Audioworm has won THE GAME!
He is now in the hall of fame.  Grats.

You can leave an inheiritance for both yourself the next time you play, and an inheiritance to the next player.

The inheirtance can be:
 
1) 5 extra stat points.
2) An item that you had on your person at the moment that you won.
3) A probability generator - gives you the probability of you being able to do something.
4) A Bulky Buddy Box that will accompany you on your travels.
5) A stat analyzer which will let you see game mechanics and power levels. (takes TWO item slots, but don't have to choose)

Choose one for yourself the next time you play, and one for the next person that is up.  You can't choose the same thing for both.

NOTE:  SIGNUP IS NOT OPEN YET.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:37:07 PM
I'll choose the extra stat points for me and give my mattock to whoever plays next.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:38:57 PM
OKAY, sign-up is open.  Get going, peoples.\

[EDIT] Holy crap, Kirby ninja'd me.
Either way, you'll have to post again since  you posted before this one >.>.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
Name: Kirby Lord
Race: Yeti
Class: Yeti!
Objective: Get rich, and build a resort for Yeti tennis. Maybe kill some Spelunkers.
Starting equipment: Pitcher's Mitt, Spikeshoes, and cape.
Stats:
Physique: 5
Perspicacity: 2
Pulchritude: 3
If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.

I think I'm the only one who read the entire set of rules.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:39:49 PM
Holy crap, Kirby ninja'd me AGAIN.

Wow, you're fast.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 04:40:29 PM
I know right?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:41:02 PM
Could you clear up your objective?  I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:42:00 PM
I believe his objective was to explore and possibly play Yeti Tennis.

 :spl-shop: "Aaah, it feels good to retire."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 04:42:24 PM
Yeah. i like this better. :3


EDIT: of course I could possibly have no objective but Pro stats: Kill all Spelunkers. But I will build a place for Yeti Tennis.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on February 26, 2010, 04:44:06 PM
Good luck out there Kirby. Ipwnu will hit you with every trick he's got...

Try not to die.
*Stops posting in this thread until Kirby dies/leaves the caves*


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:47:22 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure80.png)

Okay, lets get started.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 04:48:12 PM
Walk forward, but not into the altar. Gotta be careful with this low intelligence.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:52:02 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure81.png)

To be honest, I got a bit soft during audioworm's session.

I probably should not give warnings.  Oh well.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 04:52:55 PM
"What"
Go up steps.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:54:32 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure82.png)
Tunneling minigame!

Draw a path from where you are to wherever you want to go.
Draw  an arrow for movement and X's on every block you intend to break.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 04:57:24 PM
The blocks don't fall, right?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 04:59:52 PM
I'm not unnecessarily cruel =P.

So no.

Anyway, I'm probably not updating anymore today, so yeah.  Don't get your hopes up.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 05:03:04 PM
(http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2760/yetipath.png)

Blue X is destroyed by teetering on edge of block and swinging. You can do that in the real game.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 05:31:43 PM
I. HATE. MY LIFE.
Sorry for spam. But this was necessary.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 05:33:31 PM
No it wasn't...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 07:03:32 PM
You won't believe.
EDIT: You really won't.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Egan on February 26, 2010, 07:41:03 PM
Name (Put the name of your character here):moe
Race (Keep it spelunky related!):frog
Class (If human, state what type you are, ie caveman, shopkeeper, etc):fire-frog
Objective (What you want to accomplish):kill jaws
Starting equipment (Pick 3):rpg(gun mod),jetpack,lots of ammo.
Stats (Allocate 10 points into the following categories, you must have at least 1 in each stat):
Physique (How strong you are) :1
Perspicacity (How smart you are) :6
Pulchritude (How other people react to you):3

this is just so I can copy and paste when I can go.
do not ask for me to put up a pic.

Hidden message:  If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.

I moved it.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 07:52:32 PM
There's this WONDERFUL program called Notepad.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 26, 2010, 08:01:31 PM
And Microsoft Word!  Wow!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 08:10:25 PM
It's more easily accessible through the forums.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 26, 2010, 08:14:05 PM
Just keep telling yourself that, Sudo.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on February 26, 2010, 08:16:38 PM
*Tells self again
And again
And again
And again.*
Stop making me spam, hali.
It IS.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 26, 2010, 08:26:08 PM
But as we post, it dissappears, and then you have to post it again and again and it becomes spamming


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on February 26, 2010, 08:59:17 PM
And you're just as likely to forget what page of the topic you left it on as you are where you put it on your computer.  So you may as well just make a text document, leave it on your Desktop, and give it an ALL-CAPS TITLE SO IT STANDS OUT.  It's not that complicated!

@ipwnu1337: sorry for the useless posts; I'm just trying to prevent more of them.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 09:12:56 PM
I actually did that.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on February 26, 2010, 09:14:02 PM
Sudo, stop.

I really don't want to have to ban you, but I will if you keep spamming.

Don't even respond to this.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on February 26, 2010, 09:41:23 PM
(http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2760/yetipath.png)

Blue X is destroyed by teetering on edge of block and swinging. You can do that in the real game.

Did you see this?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Chiral on February 27, 2010, 04:28:36 PM
spam


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Egan on February 27, 2010, 04:57:49 PM
spam
are you spaming, saying someone spamed, saying that you like spam, or just saying spam?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: gummybears123 on February 27, 2010, 05:00:49 PM
Sorry for this post ipwnu, but this is necessary,
Egan, he's just being a ******* and spamming when ipwn specifically said NOT to.

And Chiral, GET A LIFE


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Chiral on February 27, 2010, 08:25:48 PM
chill


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: hyperme on February 28, 2010, 07:55:07 AM
Sorry for this post ipwnu, but this is necessary,
Egan, he's just being a ******* and spamming when ipwn specifically said NOT to.

And Chiral, GET A LIFE
Please do not insert fuel-like substances into the person aggrevating you over the internet.
Please don't feed the troll.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 01, 2010, 02:32:42 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure83.png)

Sorry for the late update, but oh well.

Extra large this time!

New mechanics:

Skull blocks take 1 mattock strike to break.
Happy face blocks take 2 mattock strikes to break.
There is a 10% chance that a skull block will turn into a happy face block after being struck.
Sad face blocks can just be punched to dust and do not require a mattock strike.

Your mattock has 100 strikes left in it.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 01, 2010, 03:43:55 PM
Holy crap, I pity that stupid Yeti.

EDIT: sharing a thought != spamming!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on March 01, 2010, 06:06:00 PM
hali, I appreciate your honesty, but no spamming.
Spamming is like... a bug.

You're off on your brilliant harvest and along comes Sudonimus, with his gastropod movement, slowly devouring the harvest of Productivity, Spelunky, and Knowledge.

No. Not good.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 01, 2010, 09:33:43 PM
I'd appreciate if you didn't attempt to minimod my own thread =P.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: grieck on March 01, 2010, 10:41:20 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but that's become Gummy's, and now Sudo's, modus operandi lately: being a good little mini mod. I suppose I understand they don't want others to go through the same foolish phase they did, but it's enevitable. And it's a tad annoying.

Sorry for the interruption though.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on March 01, 2010, 11:03:42 PM
Here ya go.

(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8311/yetipathwaylarge.png)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 04, 2010, 09:33:12 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure84.png)

87 charges left.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Kirby on March 05, 2010, 05:17:38 PM
Enter the door.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on March 05, 2010, 06:47:28 PM
Oh wow, this is taking a while.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 05, 2010, 09:05:24 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure85.png)

A chest.  It looks like it's too heavy to carry and needs a key to be opened.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: grieck on March 05, 2010, 09:28:58 PM
Check your pic, it's the room he was just in. There's no chest.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 08, 2010, 07:52:28 PM
Thanks, changed it.

[EDIT]

Kirby Lord has been modkilled for inactivity.

Being inactive for 4 days is really kind of unreasonable =<.

Signups are open once again.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 08, 2010, 08:11:16 PM
Name:  Trevor
Race: Fish
Class: Piranha
Objective: defeat Megamouth, who's been strutting around the river like he owns it.
Starting equipment: Ninja Suit (for stealth), Spectacles (to look cool*), and an Arrow (just one single arrow)
Stats
Physique: 1
Perspicacity: 5
Pulchritude: 4

Hidden message:  If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.

*i.e. nerdy


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 08, 2010, 08:52:46 PM
Note:  Kirby Lord, you can continue your game if you want to after this one.

Anyway, back to the game.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure86.png)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 08, 2010, 10:10:55 PM
swim boldly to the left


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 10, 2010, 04:54:32 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure87.png)

You see a tough-looking frog with an eyepatch in front of an entrance that seems to lead to a nightclub.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM
Talk to the frog and ask about the club.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 11, 2010, 07:21:51 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure88.png)

He asks: "Who are you?"

Preset Options (though you can use your own):

1) Make up a name (lie).
2) Tell him your real name.
3) Attempt to swim past him really quickly.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 11, 2010, 08:33:11 PM
2) Trevor!

Honesty is the best policy; especially with creatures big enough to eat you whole. o.O


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 11, 2010, 08:42:28 PM
He says: "You're not on the invite list, so, sorry, but I can't let you in."

"Though, I guess I could say you got in through somewhere else...if you help me pay my mortgage.  Being a bouncer doesn't pay much."

"Lets say... $1000 up front, and no questions asked."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 11, 2010, 08:45:21 PM
"Well, I don't have any cash, but I couldn't help but notice your eyepatch there...

Offer to trade him your cool shades for entry.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 11, 2010, 09:05:42 PM
He says: "The eyepatch is the dress code for bouncers here.  It makes us look tougher.  I probably won't ever be able to use nor sell those glasses, anyway."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 11, 2010, 09:10:18 PM
"You kidding?  These glasses don't come cheap!  They sell at *checks Spelunky inflation rates* $8000, and that's just on Floor 2!  You live in the lush caves?  I can crunch those numbers for you, if you like..."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 11, 2010, 09:18:57 PM
"Think about it this way:  It's $8000 from those rip-off shops.
I'll never be able to sell those for that much, or anywhere near that amount."

(Note, just because this is based on spelunky sprites does not mean the mechanics are the same)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 11, 2010, 09:26:38 PM
(Can you blame a guy for trying?)

Swim away from the club and slip into the ninja suit.

EDIT: Then, wait for someone else to try and enter the club, and swim past the frog on whatever side he's wearing his eyepatch on.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 12, 2010, 03:31:28 PM
You swin away from the club and put on your ninja suit, but nobody arrives.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 12, 2010, 04:00:02 PM
While we're at a break...does my ninja suit affect how fast I can swim in any way?

If no, make the aforementioned move regardless of anyone else trying to get in.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 12, 2010, 04:36:41 PM
No, the ninja suit just makes it harder for people to spot you.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure89.png)
Also, you swin past the frog but he seems to really not care.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 12, 2010, 05:14:40 PM
Ah, that's good to know!

> Remove the suit and talk to the other piranhas.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 14, 2010, 10:58:47 AM
You say to the nearest piranha:
"Yo, what's up?"

Response:
"Haven't seen you around here."

What do you say?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 14, 2010, 02:43:06 PM
> "Yeah, I've been kinda lurking around lately.  Getting into some...shady business.  You know who Megamouth is, right?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 14, 2010, 03:57:26 PM
"Megamouth?  Everyone's heard of him.  The guy runs the mafia here."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 14, 2010, 04:29:09 PM
"Yeah, well, I don't know about you, but I think he's one fish that's a little too big for our pond, if you know what I mean..."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 14, 2010, 05:01:11 PM
"Duh, why do you think he's called Megamouth?  He has small fins?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 14, 2010, 06:07:08 PM
"No, I mean maybe it's time somebody did something about him."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 14, 2010, 06:14:29 PM
"Like what?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 14, 2010, 06:34:01 PM
"Well, between you and me...I'm out to kill him.  Or at least dethrone him.  But I'm not strong enough on my own.  I'm looking to raise some support...know anybody that might be willing to help?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 14, 2010, 08:33:42 PM
He says in a quieter voice: "Woah, woah, woah, this is a public area, you don't want people hearing you saying things like that."

"We'd better take this to a place more secluded.  I'll fill you in in the details."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 15, 2010, 06:20:20 AM
> follow the piranha


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 15, 2010, 03:10:18 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure90.png)

You follow the other piranha.

He says: "Listen up, because I'm only saying this once.  There's a group of likeminded fish like you and I who are going to go and figuratively kick the crap (since, y'know, we don't have feet) out of Megamouth and his groupies.  You're being too reckless, talking to people about such things in of all things, a damn nightclub."

"Meet in the upper wing in 30 minutes, that's out next meeting."

You should go find something to do for the next 30 minutes.

What do you do?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 15, 2010, 05:52:24 PM
> Explore the lower wing (that hole in the floor, I assume)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 15, 2010, 06:11:15 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure91.png)

You wander into the lower wing.
You have 25 minutes remaining ('till the meeting).

There's a crate that's partially opened with a bomb still inside.

Looks like an idiot spelunker forgot to loot the whole thing.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 15, 2010, 06:31:19 PM
> Take the bomb, then go explore the lower-left wing (lower door in the left wall).


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 15, 2010, 06:43:32 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure92-1.png)

You enter, there are 2 chests, but you'll only have enough time to get to one of them.

15 minutes left.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 15, 2010, 07:26:47 PM
> Take the lower chest


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 15, 2010, 08:10:43 PM
You open it and find a grappling hook.  That's larger and heavier than you.

So it's effectively an anchor.
(Not pictured since I'm lazy and it really doesn't need to be pictured)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure93-1.png)

You head to the upper wing.
The doors shut close shortly after you enter.

"Ahh, you're here", says the pirahna you spoke to earlier.

He addresses the group, and points a fin in your direction:  "This is our newest member. Why don't you introduce yourself?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 16, 2010, 04:09:41 AM
> "Hello, everyone!  My name's Trevor, and it seems you all have it in for Megamouth just like I do!  I hope we can work together and bring down the big guy once and for all!"

...and then go talk to the one by the locked door on the right.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 18, 2010, 06:36:30 PM
"Good day, Comrade!"
"It's a pleasure to meet you."
"The more, the merrier!"
"Awesome!  Another new guy!
"<Generic Merriment>"

You go to the one near the door and speak to him.

He says: "You the new guy?  Have you gone through the training seminar yet?"
"Well, obviously not, you just got here."
"Take this binder and read through it, everything you'll need to know will be in there."
He gives you a binder.  You read through it and it's mostly stuff about how to stay concealed, how to kill a guy silently, basic lockpicking skills, etc.

You gain a skill!:  Basic Resistance Training - You are more likely to succeed at most tasks that require training on learning how to do it (Eg. lockpicking, silent movement)

"Obviously, we can't let you in on the specifics until you've proven your loyalty to the group.

Your first mission will be given to you by Wilbur, the leader of this resistance group.

You swim over to Wilbur.

He says, "Since this is your first time here, I'll give you an easy first job."

"Your first mission is to go out the door on the right, infilitrate Megamouth's estate, and kill...let's say, 3 guards.  Bring back their finbands as proof of your accomplishment."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 18, 2010, 06:39:27 PM
> accept mission
> equip ninja suit
> set grappling hook aside


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 18, 2010, 06:43:33 PM
You accept the mission and go outside.
You travel through a long maze of tunnels and end up at Megamouth's Estate.

Even though you're nowhere near the entrance, you can already see that it's littered with guards.

You see a guard with his back facing you.  There are no other guards near you.

Sorry for the lack of picture, but oh well.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 18, 2010, 07:53:14 PM
> bite/shred its tail fin


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 20, 2010, 03:31:32 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure94.png)

You shred his tail fin and quickly silence him so he can't warn the other guards.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 20, 2010, 05:29:41 PM
Finish him off as quickly as possible (I don't want to get too graphic here, but if it's not within my ability I can be more specific).


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 20, 2010, 05:35:37 PM
FATALITY!

You eviscerate him with your fangs.

You take his finband.

You have 1/5 finbands.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 20, 2010, 05:39:51 PM
> swim sneakily up and to the right


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 20, 2010, 06:04:36 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure95.png)

COMBAT SITUATION.

Options: (Though you  an make your own decisions)
1) Attack
2) Defend
3) Run away


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 20, 2010, 06:05:52 PM
> Defend, then counterattack


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 20, 2010, 06:34:48 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure95.png)

He readies to charge.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure96.png)

He charges, and you block it.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure97.png)

You shrug him off.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure98.png)

You quickly clamp the grappling hook hook in your teeth.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure99.png)

Slash.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure100.png)

He's dead, but you're pretty sure your name is not Jim.  You help yourself to his finband.

2/5 finbands obtained.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 20, 2010, 07:15:29 PM
> continue to the right, and peek into the open area.  Stay hidden.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 23, 2010, 01:58:59 PM
There are three pirahanas talking to eachother.
They don't seem to notice you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 23, 2010, 02:13:21 PM
> make a small noise, then swim back around the bend.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 23, 2010, 03:40:33 PM
The guards don't notice.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 23, 2010, 06:16:44 PM
> throw the cool shades out from behind the wall, then resume hiding around the bend


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 24, 2010, 02:33:47 PM
All three of them notice, but only one goes to investigate.

He's not in sight yet, but he's approaching.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 24, 2010, 07:38:59 PM
> wait until he gets close, then attack from around the corner


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 25, 2010, 05:23:26 PM
You sneak attack him.

He's severly injured.

He charges you.

Options:
1) Charge him back.
2) Dodge.
3) Block, then counterattack.

(May only choose one of these options)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 25, 2010, 05:47:49 PM
> dodge!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 25, 2010, 05:58:07 PM
You dodge out of the way and he rockets right past you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on March 25, 2010, 06:03:35 PM
Oooh, this is awesome.
*Eats popcorn while watching the epic battle*


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 25, 2010, 06:20:28 PM
> swim back and finish him off


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 26, 2010, 06:14:38 AM
You execute him with the grappling hook head.

3/5 finbands acquired.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 26, 2010, 08:59:35 AM
> toss his carcass out into the open, then hide around the corner again


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 26, 2010, 01:52:19 PM
"Holy Shit!"

"We'd better call for backup."

Uh oh.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Sudonimus on March 26, 2010, 07:24:40 PM
Oooh, this is awesome.
*Eats popcorn while watching the epic battle*
Have some internet cookies.
*Munches quietly, watching as the action unfolds*


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 26, 2010, 07:31:09 PM
OH SNAP

> backtrack and find another route


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on March 26, 2010, 07:35:33 PM
Oooh, this is awesome.
*Eats popcorn while watching the epic battle*
Have some internet cookies.
*Munches quietly, watching as the action unfolds*

Thankees. ;D

*Munch munch munch*


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Hayden on March 27, 2010, 04:22:35 AM
Oooh, this is awesome.
*Eats popcorn while watching the epic battle*
Have some internet cookies.
*Munches quietly, watching as the action unfolds*

Thankees. ;D

*Munch munch munch*

Forgive me for posting in this thread, but I have to point out to people that ipwnu requested noone else post in this thread unless they're playing the game.

Have you forgot? :l

Edit: I can delete this post if you wish, ipwnu.  :)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: Audioworm on March 27, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
....

*Throws popcorn at Hayden and runs*


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 27, 2010, 08:07:16 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure101.png)

You hide as several pirahans enter the room.

Oh crap, right?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 27, 2010, 08:47:32 PM
> equip Ninja Suit
> sneak back to the left


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 27, 2010, 09:30:02 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure102.png)

They spot you!

There are quite alot of them.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 29, 2010, 07:50:14 AM
> Quickly slip on one of the finbands, then turn around and say "Hey, guys!  What's up?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 29, 2010, 11:14:27 AM
They're not buying it.  Maybe it's the ninja suit. They shout: "GET HIM!"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 29, 2010, 01:39:11 PM
> bail!  Drop the grappling hook and flee to the left!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 29, 2010, 02:08:07 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure103.png)

You drop the grappling hook and attempt to run away, but they catch up.

Remember that you still have that bomb.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 29, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
Yeah, I remember.  >:(  And mixing it with that single arrow and throwing it in Megamouth's face was going to be a really epic conclusion!  But...ya do what you gotta do.

> nuke 'em


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 29, 2010, 02:20:19 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure104.png)

"Wha-?"
"HOLY SHIT HE'S GOT A BOMB"
"DISPERSE! DISPERSE!"

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure105.png)

SPOING!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure106.png)

"RETREAT, RETREAT!"

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure107.png)

Cinquiple kill!  (Or something like that)

You pocket two finbands and three scorched finbands.

8/5 finbands acquired.  Objective completed.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 29, 2010, 02:45:02 PM
> reclaim the grappling hook and spectacles, then return to base


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 29, 2010, 02:51:23 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure108.png)

"Welcome back!"

"I hope you didn't have much trouble."

"You're now officially part of our organization."

"Here's your reward, a big helmet!"

You acquire: Beaten-up Visored Helm.

It gives you extra protection at the expense of vision and maneuverability.  It's also pretty uncomfortable.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 29, 2010, 04:03:53 PM
> "So, guys...what's the plan?"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 30, 2010, 08:51:22 AM
"We're in the process of creating a ridiculously powerful bomb.  Or, rather, a collection of ridiculously powerful bombs.  The codename is 'Greek Fire'."

"We plan to raid Megamouth's estate and plant said bombs at points all throughout the mansion.  We'll then detonate them via remote control.  If the explosions don't cook Megamouth, the falling rubble should."

"We'll need you to obtain some of the materials alongside three of our agents."

"Your codename is Serrasalmus."
"This is Pristobrycon."
"This is Pygocentrus."
"This is Pygopristis."
"Of course, I can't tell you their real names."

In order to construct the bombs, we'll need you to obtain:

5 large containers (Glass or metal is preferable, but it doesn't matter)
10 vials of pure sodium (be careful with these).
5 cases of dry ice (be careful with this too).
10 iron ingots


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 30, 2010, 09:58:36 AM
o.O

> accept mission(s) "Let's get crackin'!"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 30, 2010, 01:42:05 PM
"Let us bring Megamouth's reign of terror to an end!"

"Hurrah!"
"Woot!"
"<Generic Cheering>!"

"Let's go," says Pygopristis.
"We've found out a storehouse that has all the supplies we need, but it's full of Megamouth's guards."

You and the rest of the agents swim a lengthy path to the warehouse, skipped for both of our conveniences.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure109.png)

"We should probably spread out and split up."


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 30, 2010, 02:27:08 PM
> take the low road


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 30, 2010, 04:38:23 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure110.png)

You all split up.
Pygocentrus hands you a walkie-talkie, so you can communicate with the rest of the group to report your status.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure111.png)

There's a large congregation of goons there.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 30, 2010, 05:12:24 PM
> sneak up to the corner and eavesdrop (without swimming into sight)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 30, 2010, 07:14:24 PM
You hear unimportant gossip.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 30, 2010, 10:03:35 PM
> sneak back to the fork, head right, then down.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on March 31, 2010, 08:26:44 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure112.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure113.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure114.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure115.png)

Huh.

There are two pirahnas getting it on in this storeroom.  Well, as much as two fish can get it on.

They're too distracted to notice you.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on March 31, 2010, 08:37:47 PM
 :o

> swim back up and to the right


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 02, 2010, 02:48:33 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure116.png)

Pygopristis swims hastily past you, shouting "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK!"  (Censored for the kiddies on this board. =P.)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 02, 2010, 04:19:14 PM
>sneak carefully forward


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 03, 2010, 05:07:25 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure117.png)

o.O.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 03, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
if (not spotted yet)
{
hide around lower left bend;
}
else
{
follow Pygopristis;
if (rand(1,2) = 1) mutter curses;
}


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 03, 2010, 08:23:39 PM
You hear on your radio:  "All units fall back!  We've been spotted!"

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure118.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure119.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure120.png)

Crap.  You and your squad are cornered.

Pristobrycon says: "I'll go pick the lock, it'll take a while though.  Do you think you can hold them off for a few minutes?"

Pygocentrus brandishes his revolver.

Pygopristis readies his length of lead pipe.

What do you do?  (Make equip actions.  Example: ready grappling hook head)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 03, 2010, 08:43:20 PM
> Equip your trusty HELMET!!! and ready your grappling hook.

> TO BATTLE!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 04, 2010, 09:51:42 AM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure121.png)

You hastily don your helmet and wield your grappling hook.

The mob seems intimidated and starts to back off.

Lock picking: 10% done.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 04, 2010, 12:13:53 PM
> swing at anyone who gets close, but don't advance forward


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 04, 2010, 05:50:38 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure122.png)

You hear a loud, ripping, explosionly noise behind you.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure123.png)

SHIT, IT'S MEGAMOUTH.

Not good.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 04, 2010, 06:06:23 PM
Assuming all these companions aren't totally dead...

Tell Pygocentrus to fire on Megamouth's frontmost guards.

Tell Pristobrycon and Pygopristis to attack the guards on Megamouth's left and right.

Once/if they clear a path, attack Megamouth with the grappling hook (aim for his eyes).


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 04, 2010, 08:43:23 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure124.png)

They ignore you.  Since when were you their boss, anyway?

Either way, they do what is natural.  They attempt to break through.  They're mainly breaking through upwards, looks like.

Pristobrycon draws a knife and starts hacking away.  She stabs and kills a pirahna.
Pygocentrus shoots a pirahna, killing it.
Pygopristis knocks a pirahna unconsious with his pipe.
You back off a bit, the pirahnas ahead of you are starting to swarm.
"GO! GO! GO!"

"Lets get out of here!"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 04, 2010, 09:20:10 PM
> bail with your companions.  Whack Megamouth on your way by if you can.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 05, 2010, 03:14:00 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure125.png)

You bail.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure126.png)

OMFG THEY'RE CHASING.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure127.png)

<Cue epic chase music>

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure128.png)

Your three squad members are undecided where to shake these guys off.

They're all suggesting different things.  You're the tiebreaker vote.

Go to:

A) A minefield to shake them off.
B) HQ to lock them out.
C) The Algae to hide.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 05, 2010, 04:08:48 PM
> A) minefield


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 08, 2010, 02:32:11 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure129.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure130.png)

Megamouth orders his posse to stay back while he hunts you down.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 08, 2010, 03:48:45 PM
> latch your hook into a chain near Megamouth and pull a mine into him


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 08, 2010, 03:53:54 PM
You're too weak to throw the grappling hook.  (Remember when I said it was heavier than you? =P)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 08, 2010, 04:13:52 PM
well, I kinda meant to carry it over there, but whatevs.

> swim over to a chain near Megamouth and use the hook to guide a mine into him


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 08, 2010, 04:26:14 PM
Megamouth sees what you're trying to do and withdraws a shotgun from his large maw and wields it with his fins.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 08, 2010, 05:39:46 PM
> remove your trusty HELMET!!!, equip your Ninja Suit, and hide among the lower-left chains


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 10, 2010, 08:39:56 PM
Your companions ditch you as you attempt to combat Megamouth.  Can't really blame them.  It IS Megamouth you're dealing with.

You hide within the chains, and Megamouth doesn't see you.  He patrols around the area, cautiously.

You hear on your radio: "Retreat!  You'll get yourself killed!  It isn't worth it!"


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: halibabica on April 10, 2010, 08:41:47 PM
> throw your single arrow into the mine nearest Megamouth


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - If you do not read the first post, kneecapping time.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 11, 2010, 09:55:04 AM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure131.png)

You lob the arrow at the mine nearest him.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure132.png)

Megamouth's jaw drops.  Also his shotgun.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure133.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure134.png)

Damn, you missed!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure135.png)

Scratch that, you didn't.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure136.png)

Both you and Megamouth perished in the minefield.

You win!  Well, you half-win.  You achieved your goal but died in the completion of it.

You'll be added to both the Hall of Fame and the Obituary.

SIGNUPS are NOT open, so don't post if you're trying to sign up.  At all.  If you do, you'll be barred from entering the game for at the least, 3 sessions.

Halibabica, choose your inheiritance to be given to the next player!
(Choose 1 for yourself the next time you play, and another for the next player directly.)

1) Any one of your items (fish-sized visored helmet, fish-sized ninja suit, fish-sized spectacles, actual-sized grappling hook.)
2) A Bulky Buddy Box!  It accompanies you on your travels!
3) A Mechanic Mechanic!  He follows you and tells you about game mechanics and how they, in general, work!
4) 5 extra stat points to be added to any of your attribiutes!
5) A Clone!  It lets you quest alongside yourself!  It doesn't matter if either you or your clone dies, since one of you will still be left!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are NOT open, yet.
Post by: Audioworm on April 11, 2010, 02:33:22 PM
Where are you Hali!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are NOT open, yet.
Post by: halibabica on April 11, 2010, 02:52:03 PM
Mercy me, I put that arrow to good use!  :-X

I leave the next player my trusty HELMET!!!

And, should I ever play again, I'll bring a clone.  Let him throw the arrow into the minefield. XD


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are NOT open, yet.
Post by: Sageofrage on April 11, 2010, 02:53:40 PM
just guessing since he replied its open if not sorry


Name :Cody
Race :Mantrap
Class :Hunter
Objective :Catch some food for the family
Starting equipment
Bow
Quiver with 16 arrows
Rock
Stats
Physique (How strong you are) :5
Perspicacity (How smart you are) :3
Pulchritude (How other people react to you):2

Hidden message:  If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are NOT open, yet.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 11, 2010, 03:03:52 PM
SIGNUPS are NOT open, so don't post if you're trying to sign up.  At all.  If you do, you'll be barred from entering the game for at the least, 3 sessions.

I SPECIFICALLY said not to post a signup.  You saw that, right?

Do not assume anything, unless I have already stated it or implied it.

Mariofan09 is barred from entering the game for either 3 sessions or 1 month, whichever is shorter.

If you think I'm being mean by doing this, you might be right.  However, there's no point in enstating rules if they aren't enforced, or nobody every follows them.
Signups are now open.  Anyone who has not played and is not barred from entering may enter.  If nobody who qualifies the above conditions applies, people who have already played may play again.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are now open!
Post by: Known & Unknown on April 11, 2010, 03:11:47 PM
Name (Put the name of your character here):Brady
Race (Keep it spelunky related!):humanoid
Class (If human, state what type you are, ie caveman, shopkeeper, etc):cultist
Objective (What you want to accomplish):turn 10 spelunkers/tunnel men into cultists
Starting equipment (Pick 3):kapala, machete, bombs (bombs helmet)
Stats (Allocate 10 points into the following categories, you must have at least 1 in each stat):
Physique (How strong you are) :4
Perspicacity (How smart you are) :4
Pulchritude (How other people react to you):2

EDIT: does Hali's helmet count as one of my three items? if so, ditch the bombs


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 11, 2010, 03:21:19 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure137.png)

Lets get started!

[EDIT] The helmet doesn't apply to any of your item slots.

Besides, it's sized to fit a fish, so chances are, it won't fit very well.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: Known & Unknown on April 11, 2010, 03:22:08 PM
>go/climb up the stairs, and see what is there

edit: the helmet is probably a good throwing weapon anyway


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: halibabica on April 11, 2010, 03:30:11 PM
Maybe you can use it as an iron knuckle or something.  After all, it covered Trevor completely, and he wasn't THAT small.

Good luck; ipwnu's ruthless!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 11, 2010, 03:38:43 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure138.png)

You see Bob, your roommate sleeping on the floor.  You remember that he was stark raving drunk last night.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: Known & Unknown on April 11, 2010, 04:04:15 PM
wake him up and see if he wants to help, if not, knock him out and sacrifice him
if the latter, collect any blood that appears when knocking him out, or sacrificing him


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 11, 2010, 04:55:06 PM
He's too hungover to help you.

Also, your conscience tells you not to sacrifice him, since, well, he's a childhood friend.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: Known & Unknown on April 11, 2010, 04:56:30 PM
leave him and climb up the rope I am facing


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 11, 2010, 05:27:10 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure139.png)

There are exactly 10 spelunkers outside.  They're having a tournament to decide who has to enter the cave of death first.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: Known & Unknown on April 11, 2010, 07:53:52 PM
spy on them until they make a decision, then while they are distracted, throw a bomb to their right, but without harming any of them, so you can scare them into going into the cave. then taunt them


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: Audioworm on April 12, 2010, 11:20:55 AM
Er, sorry if this is spam, but that might be kinda dangerous. They might be armed!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 02:49:52 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure140.png)

You throw.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure141.png)

The spelunkers, noticing you, attack before you have a chance to react (you're still coming down from the jump you had to take to actually throw the bomb).

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure142.png)

You have died.

Sign-ups are open again.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: Audioworm on April 12, 2010, 03:03:15 PM
Name (Put the name of your character here): Sigmund
Race (Keep it spelunky related!): HUman
Class (If human, state what type you are, ie caveman, shopkeeper, etc): Spelunker
Objective (What you want to accomplish): Rescue his girlfriend from evil cultists
Starting equipment (Pick 3): Climbing gloves, ninja suit, machete
Stats (Allocate 10 points into the following categories, you must have at least 1 in each stat):
Physique (How strong you are) : 5
Perspicacity (How smart you are) : 5
Pulchritude (How other people react to you): 5
(I selected extra stats for next time I play)
Hidden message:  If you do not read the first post, I will personally break your kneecaps.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: halibabica on April 12, 2010, 03:18:21 PM
Wow, that was quick!  I wonder how many instant deaths I avoided by being overly-cautious...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 03:22:49 PM
I'll be waiting a bit to see if anyone who has not played yet will step up.

It's only fair =P.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: Audioworm on April 12, 2010, 03:42:33 PM
Alright. Then I shall wait, I shall wait.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: Known & Unknown on April 12, 2010, 03:57:10 PM
wow that was... short
and lame


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: Audioworm on April 12, 2010, 04:36:07 PM
This is taking a long time...


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: grieck on April 12, 2010, 05:23:13 PM
Name (Put the name of your character here): Gram
Race (Keep it spelunky related!): Alien
Class (If human, state what type you are, ie caveman, shopkeeper, etc): Small Alien
Objective (What you want to accomplish): Blow stuff/people up while following Big Alien's commands
Starting equipment (Pick 3): My Awesome Saucer ( in all it's laser shooting, flying, easly destroyed glory), Jetpack (in case my awesome saucer breaks), Pistol.
Stats (Allocate 10 points into the following categories, you must have at least 1 in each stat):
Physique (How strong you are) : 2
Perspicacity (How smart you are) : 4
Pulchritude (How other people react to you): 4


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: Audioworm on April 12, 2010, 05:24:07 PM
CRAAAAA-

Oh well, good luck.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: halibabica on April 12, 2010, 05:25:20 PM
Hahaha, now THIS ought to be good!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: marsgreekgod on April 12, 2010, 05:25:57 PM
I know it's his turn. but may I join after him?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: Audioworm on April 12, 2010, 05:26:50 PM
3 ) THERE IS NO QUEUE.  NO NOTHING.  OKAY?  THERE IS NO WAITING LINE.  WHOEVER GETS THE SPOT GETS THE SPOT.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: marsgreekgod on April 12, 2010, 05:33:03 PM
3 ) THERE IS NO QUEUE.  NO NOTHING.  OKAY?  THERE IS NO WAITING LINE.  WHOEVER GETS THE SPOT GETS THE SPOT.
I know but I played once already


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are open once again.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 05:48:04 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure143.png)

Lets get started.

You are the alien with the RED eye.  It's just there to make it easier to depict you.

The alien boss is making a speech about how the humans must die, blah blah blah, we are superior, blah blah, and states lots of reasons why the suck.

The aliens are going to invade earth.  Woohoo.  Yay stereotypes.

(Just a bit of background info)

What do you do?

[EDIT]  And, no mars, no reserving queue spots.  Must I also give you a temporary ban for not reading the rules?


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: marsgreekgod on April 12, 2010, 05:51:42 PM
I wasn't asking for a queue spot I was asking if I could try to sign up next time. sorry for any misunderstanding.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 05:52:47 PM
Anyone can sign up at any time, but people who have played the least times get priority.  So even if you've played seventeen million times, you can still play if nobody else wants to.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 12, 2010, 05:56:41 PM
Ask the Supreme Leader what he wills of me, then hop in my Awesome Saucer.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 06:00:44 PM
He tells you to go forth and capture a human (preferably alive) for experimentation.  Once you complete the objective, you are to return with the subject immediately.

You head out.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure144.png)

I like re-using maps.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 12, 2010, 06:08:00 PM
If I recall it is possible for the Saucer's laser to leave things humanoid alive...hopefully.

Advance slowly, readying saucer for battle in th event that there are Spelunkers nearby.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 06:14:39 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure145.png)

You see a spelunker in fierce combat with a damselrus.  The damselrus and the spelunker both look severly injured (though not pictured).


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 12, 2010, 06:41:17 PM
Attack Damselrus, pomising Spelunker help vanquishing her if he follows me.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 12, 2010, 06:48:49 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure146.png)


You start charging your laser and hover over the damselrus, and then realize that you can't communicate with humans.  At all.  The spelunker notices you and prepares a rope in his other hand.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 13, 2010, 12:49:35 AM
Ohh...go up the opening.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 13, 2010, 02:55:45 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure147.png)

A spelunker is here, busy looting a chest.  He's not noticed you yet.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 13, 2010, 04:53:59 PM
Shoot the fool!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 17, 2010, 05:14:58 PM
The speluker notices the hum of the laser charging, and tosses the treasure to the ground and prepares for combat.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 17, 2010, 09:50:03 PM
Here's hopin my laser is done charging before he is ready.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 23, 2010, 08:58:58 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure148.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure149.png)

You've been downed.

(Sorry for the 6 days of no update)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 23, 2010, 10:04:32 PM
Shoot my pistol!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 24, 2010, 05:44:52 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure150.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure151.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure152.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure153.png)

You shoot the spelunker.  He's stunned and down for the count.
In addition, your craft, luckily, does not explode, and just smashes into the ground.  You don't know how to repair the flying saucer.
Your revolver has 5/6 shots left.
You float gently to the ground as you prepare your gun for the next shot.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 24, 2010, 07:08:05 PM
stuff his body in the chest, quickly!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 24, 2010, 09:16:23 PM
You're the size of his chest; you won't fit.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: marsgreekgod on April 24, 2010, 09:17:43 PM
You're the size of his chest; you won't fit.
He means, put him in the open box.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 24, 2010, 09:19:16 PM
Oh.

He still won't fit; the chest is the size of his chest.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 24, 2010, 10:32:08 PM
Equip Jetpack for faster movement, wait till he awakens, try to lure him down hole.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 25, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
He wakes up and holds a bomb in his hands, he's rearing up for a throw.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 25, 2010, 04:03:11 PM
Really? F that, jetpack outta there.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 25, 2010, 04:19:35 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure154.png)

Swing!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure155.png)

And!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure156.png)

Miss.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure157.png)

The bomb tinks down through the gap in the floor.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 25, 2010, 04:37:09 PM
Wait for his next actin.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 25, 2010, 04:38:06 PM
He runs towards you with another bomb in hand.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 25, 2010, 06:08:23 PM
Shoot the bomb!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 25, 2010, 06:17:39 PM
You shoot the bomb in mid-air as the spelunker hits it.  The bomb explodes in mid-air.  The spelunker is baffled.

Nevertheless, he prepares another bomb.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 25, 2010, 06:18:59 PM
Go down the hole.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on April 27, 2010, 04:02:31 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure158.png)

He dives down with you.

There it a noticable area where a bomb evidently exploded.  The other spelunker and damselrus are nowhere to be seen.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on April 27, 2010, 04:44:36 PM
Go down that hole!


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on May 02, 2010, 08:07:42 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure159.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure160.png)

Spikes.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on May 02, 2010, 08:09:15 PM
Jetpack don't fail me now, and shoot at his bomb on the way up.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on May 02, 2010, 08:16:24 PM

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure161.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure162.png)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure163.png)

Your Jetpack is out of batteries or whatever it runs on.  You'll have to wait a while for it to recharge.

Also, your mission was to get a test subject.  Too bad he's full of holes and dead.  You'll either have to fish this one out, or find another.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on May 03, 2010, 05:28:17 PM
Ugh! Wait till recharge, go up and right.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on May 09, 2010, 03:07:24 PM
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x143/321_lolol_123/SpelunkyAdventure164.png)

I'm sorry about being so lazy with these updates.  If you want out, go ahead and say so, since the update schedule is not likely to improve =(.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: grieck on May 09, 2010, 05:12:41 PM
Hmmm, considering the infrequency...Might as well go out with a BANG!

Take out pistol, shoot self.


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: marsgreekgod on May 09, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
"Oh, nice shoot, right between the eyes!"

(sorry but I had to make that joke, anyone play that game?)


Title: Re: A Spelunky Adventure - Signups are closed.
Post by: ipwnu1337 on May 09, 2010, 06:10:06 PM
Technically, the alien only has 1 eye.

This game will be put on indefinite haitus, which effectively means that it's dead until I get bored enough to revive it one way or the other.